Innisfil Orbit | ?m | 40s | Cortel Group | IBI Group

53 minutes to Union from Barrie South off-peak but 73 minutes at the AM peak. What's the deal with that?

Indeed, and just as curious.......

7 minutes from Spadina Front to Union just goes to show how much we need to do to address the mess that is the rail corridor at Union so trains don't need to crawl into Union.

But only 4 minutes in the AM-Peak............ hmmmm

Edit to add: Perhaps this portion of the discussion is better in the GO Service thread; either way, we should flag @reaperexpress to offer his insights on the proposed travel times and their quirks.

53 minutes to Union from Barrie South off-peak but 73 minutes at the AM peak. What's the deal with that?

I expect DB's actual service and travel times will be a bit different than Metrolinx's published estimates. What Metrolinx published is basically a minimum contract requirement BUT the vendor can reduce their operations expenses if they can provide faster service; early indications are that DB intends to save those dollars where practical.

That said, AM Peak will have far more passengers, which increases station dwell times by a few minutes at every stop.

Last edited:
I like Brasilia though. And Orbit would have never become another Brasilia...not even remotely close, IMO.

New renderings of the future Innisfil GO, the anchor of the development. Source.

IMG_3066.jpeg

1706206125701.jpeg

1706206139387.jpeg

1706206152648.jpeg

1706206169368.jpeg

1706206183482.jpeg

1706206198801.jpeg

The roofs of the station is gonna look pretty grimy if people aren't going up there to clear out the leaves and seeds every week or so.

I mean, I like the design...but I can also *see why those would laugh at this anchoring some made-up fantasy city. Might as well call this Innis Tirith... >.<

*Edit/Erratum: Corrected for missing word.

Last edited:
Maybe they can have him depicted in blowing the Horn or Gondor or something... 🙀
He is a very underrated Canadian intellectual:

Geographer, historian, anthropologist, psychologist, sociologist, political scientist, media critic

Harold Innis was truly a polymath, working between disciplines all the time.

He deserves a grand statue that even Tolkien would wish to imagine.

Back