Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Also, Parliament already has substantial amounts of non-revenue track. You'd only need to install it south of King and north of Carlton.
Since it looks like the Corktown OL station will be around Front and Parliament, it makes good sense to have a streetcar reach the last mile north and south of the station, especially since the Cherry streetcar won’t be doing it as originally thought.

Don’t forget that a lot more development is coming to the East Bayfront, Port Lands, and along that corridor by Regent Park.

The demand is relatively low though. Sherbourne is much busier.
It's mostly about cost.

I think part of the problem is that the 65 just ends at Castle Frank, and demand along solely Parliament is limited. (Frequency on the 75 also seems to be double of the 65). Many people are just getting on a streetcar headed west, without taking the 65.

All this is speculation, and all this I've heard elsewhere. LOL.

I think part of the problem is that the 65 just ends at Castle Frank, and demand along solely Parliament is limited. (Frequency on the 75 also seems to be double of the 65).
75 does go further north, but when I've caught it south at Bloor, it's always very empty, despite the crowd getting on. No surprise when you look at the very low density to the north.

gibsonm's point about the Corktown station is interesting. It could well become a more major route feeding Regent Park to the north, and the condos and George Brown's Queens Quay facility to the south. Even the upcoming extension to Queens Quay (finally) might push ridership growth.

Last edited:

Queen St between Bay and Victoria would be shut down for 5 years for ontario line construction. Metrolinx has agreed to pay the costs to install streetcar track along York and Victoria, with the queen streetcar rerouting between York / Richmond-Adelaide / Victoria.

Queen St between Bay and Victoria would be shut down for 5 years for ontario line construction. Metrolinx has agreed to pay the costs to install streetcar track along York and Victoria, with the queen streetcar rerouting between York / Richmond-Adelaide / Victoria.
Interesting to see York forced to be two ways down to Adelaide. I wonder if they will take it further.
There had better be a white bar signal for the southbound York turn on to Adelaide.

When they dug up Yonge Street in the late 1940's and early 1950's, that's what they did from just north of College Street down to Union Station.
streetcar-4709-80.jpg

"A Witt Train led by Witt 2980 turns from Church Street onto Maitland on one of the diversions to the YONGE Streetcar service while the Yonge Subway is being built. The date is June 7, 1952."
streetcar-4709-98.jpg

"A Witt Train led by Large Witt #2998 runs along another downtown sidestreet during one of the diversions caused by Yonge Subway construction. The year is 1952."
From link.

This version is only just the Yonge & Queen Station on the Ontario Line. They'll be doing the same with the Spadina & Queen and the Bathurst & King Stations.

transitmaps-01.svg

transitmaps-02.svg

From link.

Interesting to see York forced to be two ways down to Adelaide. I wonder if they will take it further.
There had better be a white bar signal for the southbound York turn on to Adelaide.
The northbound turn off Adelaide in the evening rush onto Victoria will be fun, as will the crawl along Adelaide for that matter.

I mean it sucks to take the Queen car across downtown in rush hour already, so i guess it doesn't matter too much?

I suspect it will be much faster to get off at York and walk to Victoria to get back on the streetcar than it will be to stay on the streetcar the whole way.

They had better do natural gas line, watermain, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, communication lines, and any other underground work when they start to dig up the street for the Ontario Line stations along Queen Street. Don't want to see them dig up the street again, once they constructed the station, streetcar tracks and paved the rods.

The northbound turn off Adelaide in the evening rush onto Victoria will be fun, as will the crawl along Adelaide for that matter.

I mean it sucks to take the Queen car across downtown in rush hour already, so i guess it doesn't matter too much?

I suspect it will be much faster to get off at York and walk to Victoria to get back on the streetcar than it will be to stay on the streetcar the whole way.

But if you get to Victoria ahead of your streetcar, and then have to wait there before getting on the same streetcar again, it won't be faster overall :)

The idea is that you will get on a streetcar ahead of the original one as it will travel so slowly along Adelaide ;)
When there's been really bad traffic on Queen around Broadview, I've done that. Gotten off eastbound at Caroll Street and walked to Broadview, getting on a streetcar one or two in front of where I was! Normally to change from 504 to 502 ... but occasionally from 504 to 504!

Back