Toronto Ontario Line: Queen-Spadina Station | ?m | 1s | Metrolinx | HDR

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Database file coming soon, but here are the first renderings:

03_Future Ontario Line station building at southwest corner of Queen St W and Spadina Ave.jpg
03_Future Ontario Line station buildings on southwest and northeast corners of Queen St W and ...jpg

Here's the neighbourhood context map for the station:

olta_west_segment_maps_mx_engage_queen-spadina_20220131_final.png

Will the city keep the building facade on the northeast side of this intersection for the historical purposes and build a tower on top? Because I can see a 200m dual condo, office skyscraper getting built there with a subway stop underneath it lol!

Unlkess Metrolinx does another consatlation process that decided that they will do somethig ele, becuse they deced that the T isn't going to be used anymore.
But they haven't 'decreed' that, so don't suggest that they have.

Yes, the TTC logo will be used alongside the T - Metrolinx is paying the bills, so the TTC has to jump when MX tells them

But they haven't 'decreed' that, so don't suggest that they have.

Yes, the TTC logo will be used alongside the T - Metrolinx is paying the bills, so the TTC has to jump when MX tells them
I'm not really sure how sold they are on the T logo. They have only used it at go bus stops and on the crosstown line, they have opened up there new projects since it was decided on and yet they didn't use it in any of them. For example they were asked why the signage in the bus terminal at Kipling didn't use any of the new wayfinding and they responded with "it would be charged at a later date" it shows that they don't really have any plans at all with regards to it. The T logo is meaningless and tells you nothing at all, nobody knows that it's supposed to mean anything unless they either work for metorolix or have read their stupid wayfinding study.

I wish the City/Metrolinx would develop a symbol specific to the rapid transit system. Both the T and the TTC logo are used to identify everything from subways to streetcars to bus stops.
I don't really get why we need a redundant symbol. I honestly think that when the crosstown opens there will be people who will be confused about it being a separate cost or not part of the TTC because they don't see a TTC streetcar stop pole or a large TTC logo outside of the underground stations.

I don't really get why we need a redundant symbol. I honestly think that when the crosstown opens there will be people who will be confused about it being a separate cost or not part of the TTC because they don't see a TTC streetcar stop pole or a large TTC logo outside of the underground stations.
I mean the TTC could also adopt that symbol as their branding on stations, the classic logo will inevitably be updated eventually even though that's painful to type. Hopefully people could figure out that it stands for Toronto Transit, and even though the TTC logo is awesome and it's classic, it doesn't really match the new architecture style

Adopting a separate symbol to identify rapid transit stations doesn't mean that the TTC logo has to change.

A separate logo for rapid transit stations used across the GTA would make stations more identifiable at a glance. The TTC logo on a pole might be fine for people who know the system but to visitors or even people not familiar with a particular station it's ambiguous and could be identifying anything that the TTC happens to run. That's not useful.

The down arrow for the Montreal metro, for example, isn't the STM logo. When you see a down arrow sign you know exactly what that means. The TTC logo is much more ambiguous. Same with the Metrolinx T.

Same with the Metrolinx T.
The Metrolinx T was suggested to them by a "wayfinding expert" and chosen by a committee of city council members and random people. So far no public transit agencies have said that they have any plans to use it at metorolix intends for it to be some sort of universal transit symbol for the GTHA, and i highly doubt it will be used except for metorolix and will not do anything other than have people wonder as they are now what does this T symbol mean. If people want to drink Metrolinx's kool aid and believe that it's such and important and amazing thing to have a generic transit symbol then go ahead but I'm not sold on and i think they just waisted money on it along with all of their other pointless studies they did

Back