Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Database file coming soon, but in the meantime, here is the first rendering:

06_Moss_Park_Ext01_2022_0204-421250969-1648143743925.jpg

Here's the neighbourhood context map:

olta_downtown_segment_maps_mx_engage_moss_park_20220201_final.png

I wonder if this will coincide with the revitalization of the actual Moss Park. As far as I remember, this is on the city's high priority list for revitalization and already had funds set aside for. I really hope this means they push it off until this is complete as that would be a 10+ year timeline...

I wonder if this will coincide with the revitalization of the actual Moss Park. As far as I remember, this is on the city's high priority list for revitalization and already had funds set aside for. I really hope this means they push it off until this is complete as that would be a 10+ year timeline...
I believe Metrolinx has suggested that yeah, the redevelopment of the park will be coordinated with the subway station construction. At the very least, the city won't be able to finish work on the actual park until MX has filled in the hole above the station. It's totally possible they could finish the park before the OL opens (if the station is structurally complete and it's just internal finishes being done, that won't affect the park, for example), and a new community centre could open before the park has been re-landscaped, but yes, the overall redevelopment of Moss Park is now heavily connected to this station.

Wow that picture, the east end has its own skyline !

If that rendering upthread is still current, that building looks even bigger than the Osgoode one. It looks like the lobby of a hotel! Who in the world possibly needs these stations buildings to be this big?

Around 1 1/2 the width of Queen St, which considering it being the only station building, and has to fit in elevators and escalators, is not big.

Is there anything about needing to fit elevators that demands such a large building? New York has many sidewalk level escalators that descend into the station just fine. Unless there is a keyhole excavation point at this station, there is no reason for a station without an integrated bus terminal to have such a large structure.

I have no love for Moss Park and am indifferent to its fate, but from an architectural standpoint it's hard not to feel that the OL station entrances are gauche as hell. Especially that deep green. Blech!

At a quick glance of ML's renderings for these station buildings, I am left speechless at the scale. The only stations with reasonably sized entrance buildings for the structure are Exhibition (for its size), King-Bathurst, Queen, and the elevated stations. Corktown and Cosburn, both also bereft of connecting bus terminals, appear to be even more overkill. Sheesh!

Back