Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Last edited:
That this would delay the Ontario line is a strawman. They haven't even finished the design the excavation or station yet.

Nothing will happen there for months after this.

That this would delay the Ontario line is a strawman. They haven't even finished the design the excavation or station yet.

Nothing will happen there for months after this.
Thats why I worded the question 3 different ways.

I also added another option "I don't think that preserving the trees would delay the construction of the line." if you disagree with the underlying premise of the 2nd question

Stupid poll and post, why waste your own time like that?

Some of you perma whiners going on about trees maybe can accept it's not so much chopping trees people have a problem with, rather people taking issue with a shadowy political agency doing shadowy stuff. And the double standards. Can we at least have a separate Osgoode station thread for you guys to thumbs up each other.

Time to repeat a gripe of mine, and it's a general one. No more pantos for OL. They'll make the line cost more, but more importantly they make the line uglier. Think about it. It's supposedly a sleek small train. Ok. But it will a have a large size due to the panto. Now that requires a much larger tunnel. And think of the guideway. There's nothing sleek about catenary infrastructure. Just look at the Crosstown viaduct for proof...poles and wires everywhere.

Rebuttal: but with pantos we can buy it "off the shelf". I don't know about that.

It may be a moot point now, and the trees are as good as done, but it didn't have to go down this way.
No matter what Metrolinx would have done someone or the other (person or organization) would have complained and no matter what you can't make everyone happy... I rather get Metrolinx piss people off and do shady stuff if it means Ford's 4 transit projects get built quicker.

I am excited to see what he unveils as part of his 2026 campaign transit expansion plan tbh. Very excited and looking forward to that.

So has any shovels actually gone in or down on this project yet or is everything right now just preliminary work?

Is what going on the at exhibition preliminary work ?

So has any shovels actually gone in or down on this project yet or is everything right now just preliminary work?

Is what going on the at exhibition preliminary work ?
Someone else will probably be better in answering this

but a quick recap.. Lots of preliminary work going on... The hardcore construction with road closures will likely start some point this summer.

It is important to note that the above grade portion areas i.e. Thorncliffe, Flemo, DM/EG (OSC) likely won't see any construction for several years. The full contract execution isn't until September 2026 I believe.

Next couple years will be very interesting and lots of progress on the OL

It will probbaly take a very, very long time to excavate the "keyhole" down 43 metres.
That's about the same as 13 parking levels down.

Nice Metrolinx diagram from that factum.
Geez, they couldn't use 3 long escalators instead of 6 short ones?
... and 43 metres (40 to lower platform, I guess) is DEEP! Granville Station in Vancouver is 25 metres deep.

3OFIz6S.png

Someone else will probably be better in answering this

but a quick recap.. Lots of preliminary work going on... The hardcore construction with road closures will likely start some point this summer.

It is important to note that the above grade portion areas i.e. Thorncliffe, Flemo, DM/EG (OSC) likely won't see any construction for several years. The full contract execution isn't until September 2026 I believe.

Next couple years will be very interesting and lots of progress on the OL
And people really think it's going to be ready for 2031?

Back