Very little remain of Staples
52050292669_8221fa885b_b.jpg

52049000297_5d9caa95ae_b.jpg

52050550695_51fa269fff_b.jpg

52050550580_e42e207ace_b.jpg

52050550465_5c397b96aa_b.jpg

IO Market Update - May 2022

My thoughts
- This project is arguably closest to completion compared to the other Ford Priority Transit Projects
- TOC are probably being finalized by IO along the Northern Route hence the previous delay. RFQ should be released within the next 3-5 months
- Most exciting part of the update is the contract execution for Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel and as well as the Rolling Stock, Systems, Operations and Maintenance is still on track to be completed by the end of year

Ontario Line – Northern Civil, Stations and Tunnel
- RFQ Jul - Sep 2022
- RFP Jan - Mar 2023
- Contract Execution Jul - Sep 2024

Ontario Line – Rolling Stock, Systems, Operations and Maintenance
- RFQ June 2020
- RFP December 2020
- Contract Execution Oct - Dec 2022

Ontario Line – Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel
- RFQ June 2020
- RFP December 2020

Link - https://www.infrastructureontario.c...ws/2_Market_Update/May_2022_Market_Update.pdf

IO Market Update - May 2022

My thoughts
- This project is arguably closest to completion compared to the other Ford Priority Transit Projects
- TOC are probably being finalized by IO along the Northern Route hence the previous delay. RFQ should be released within the next 3-5 months
- Most exciting part of the update is the contract execution for Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel and as well as the Rolling Stock, Systems, Operations and Maintenance is still on track to be completed by the end of year

Ontario Line – Northern Civil, Stations and Tunnel
- RFQ Jul - Sep 2022
- RFP Jan - Mar 2023
- Contract Execution Jul - Sep 2024

Ontario Line – Rolling Stock, Systems, Operations and Maintenance
- RFQ June 2020
- RFP December 2020

Ontario Line – Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel
- RFQ June 2020
- RFP December 2020

Link - https://www.infrastructureontario.c...ws/2_Market_Update/May_2022_Market_Update.pdf
wonder if the operations winner will use their own or buy someone elses like ottawas lrt did

It's so nuts to me that Porsche dealership is being torn down. It's barely a decade old and was just completely renovated inside. So crazy. Always think of old buidlings getting torn down, not brand new ones.

It's so nuts to me that Porsche dealership is being torn down. It's barely a decade old and was just completely renovated inside. So crazy. Always think of old buidlings getting torn down, not brand new ones.
Ford doesn't care so long as he gets what he want built. Cost doesn't come into play regardless things could be built faster and cheaper since he and his car folks can drive freely and not be interfere by surface transit.

The Porsche dealership hasn't been on the radar like Staples was for redevelopment, but its was in someone books to happen in the next 10 years or so. No big deal renovated something only to tear it down some years later as it cover the cost to carry the site as well make some profit on it as well.

Sure hope Staples new site is temporary as there is no parking for it period. No idea what going into Home Power on the 2nd floor as it larger than what Staples had with underground parking.

The only thing going for the OL that its getting built and twice as long than TTC plan as far as I am concern. Rolling stock and the ability to handle 25000 riders at peak time is my issue with Ford plan as well building the line to Steeles to help reduce the load on the Yonge line.

Dufferin and Jane St are my option to take the line west from Exhibition.

I don't think it's that new. They've been using it on new stores for a few years now. The one on University had it some time ago. It's just a stylized staple. What is "yuck" about it?

I was in Corktown Commons the other day. Looking east I'd forgotten just how large the old Unilever plant is. They simply must find a way to integrate it into East Harbour - we can't afford to lose that much character.

Last edited:
I was in Corktown Commons the other day. Looking east I'd forgotten just how large the old Unilver plant is. They simply must find a way to integrate it into East Harbour - we can't afford to lose that much character.
It's basically already too late. It'll probably be demolished by the end of the year, unfortunately.

I had reached out to the Ontario Line team highlighting my concern over the super deep transfer station between Line 1 and the OL at Queen. Here is the response I got from them today:

1651849473801.png

It doesn't give me a lot of confidence that they would make the transfer better, though. It's not a concrete "yes, it will be changed". Also, the decision for station depth is one of the first things that will have to be decided as the TBMs route and depth needs to be confirmed before tunneling begins.

I had reached out to the Ontario Line team highlighting my concern over the super deep transfer station between Line 1 and the OL at Queen. Here is the response I got from them today:

View attachment 398555

It doesn't give me a lot of confidence that they would make the transfer better, though. It's not a concrete "yes, it will be changed". Also, the decision for station depth is one of the first things that will have to be decided as the TBMs route and depth needs to be confirmed before tunneling begins.
wait so its deep because they dont want to interfere with the line 1 and cause shutdowns like there was for eglinton?

wait so its deep because they dont want to interfere with the line 1 and cause shutdowns like there was for eglinton?

Yes, so this is the rendering released for Queen station that shows a super deep station box for the OL line at Queen. Meaning there's going to be 4 flights of stairs between the 2 lines.

1651856767147.png

Back