Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

I think this fits best here..........Mx is releasing a pre-qualification tender for work for the Queen Streetcar Detour project, which is a pre-requisite for construction of the central section of the Ontario Line.

1651094813260.png

.... what is needed is for mods to step in and move all the Ontario Line West posts to the appropriate thread so that this thread can be kept strictly to what is actually in progress.
We're on post #20,000 and some odd. And seven years of construction. We should hit 60,000 in this discussion by the opening....

Partially on topic, but should this thread title be updated to "Under Construction" from "In Design"?

We've officially broken ground and started construction on this project.
I know we had a ceremony but has construction actually started? None of the major contracts have even been awarded.

I know we had a ceremony but has construction actually started? None of the major contracts have even been awarded.
exhibition station and i think the joint corridor have construction started

theres a few images in the last month or so of construction and exhibition

exhibition station and i think the joint corridor have construction started

theres a few images in the last month or so of construction and exhibition

There's been demolition at Exhibition & Cork Town as part of the 'early works'. I would consider that 'under construction'.

Also, is this just him campaigning on this or is the whole party behind it?
The NDP's platform doesn't say anything that would make me think so but it is concerning that he's making these promises. Either the party agrees with him or they really need to discipline their MPs so that they don't promise anything that goes against their platform. It'd be acceptable if he would advocate for this, even though I disagree with meddling in active transit projects, but to outright promise to put the OL underground is wrong and creates confusion.
Personally, I would support more community improvements, a commitment to good design, refining the TOCs through a normal planning process, and cancelling the First Parliament TOC - but not anything that would delay or jeopardize the delivery and many positive aspects of this project.

Back