Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

And if one think uploading equate to a process free from political interference, all they need to acquaint themselves with is why the province chose to fund Spadina extension, or build a station at Kirby.

AoD

What would have happened if the Federal government did not give the Provinces complete control of the province by keeping some power? Would transit politics at the Federal level be somewhat less political than at the Provincial level? I know I'm talking about a very "what if" scenario, but am I wrong to assume they would only focus on Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal? And yes, I know the Feds have much more important things to worry about than transit in cities.

a new tidbit posted on reliefline.ca:
City, TTC and Metrolinx staff are working to prepare the draft Environmental Project Report (EPR) to launch the TPAP in 2018. This work is happening concurrently with work on the conceptual design. The EPR and conceptual design report are nearing completion. Preliminary design, including geotechnical, tunnels, stations and systems, is getting underway. A report to City Council on preliminary design is planned for Q4 2019.

Can't wait.

RL_biz_case_keymaps_v0.7_Opt3b.png

Attachments

• RL_biz_case_keymaps_v0.7_Opt3b.png
    RL_biz_case_keymaps_v0.7_Opt3b.png
    311 KB · Views: 540

Part ONE!

Part TWO should continue it up north to the Science Centre Station at Eglinton, Part THREE up to Don Mills Station at Sheppard, and Part FOUR should go west and north to Dundas West Station at Dundas & Bloor (north of Roncesvalles). Actual route extensions would have to be explored.

I think of 3 RT systems I have ridden besides the TTC. Montreal Metro, Boston's MBTA and San Diego Trolley. They all have multiple lines. They all are (mainly) grade separated. All lines go downtown. Some interline, some do not, but they all go to the city centre. Toronto's line 2 has failed to be successful due to it not going downtown. If they had jogged it down to Queen and then back up, that would have changed this.

Regional, sure. Provincial? No. The priorities of cities like Niagra Falls and Orillia will be prioritized because of political reasons. The TTC works extremely well with what it has, be careful what you wish for.
But they aren't know, that's the problem. The province is failing everyone, not just Toronto.
And if one think uploading equate to a process free from political interference, all they need to acquaint themselves with is why the province chose to fund Spadina extension, or build a station at Kirby.

AoD
Stricly funding. Unforetunately, these type of decisions are made at all levels, and sometimes they have lasting ramifications.

I think of 3 RT systems I have ridden besides the TTC. Montreal Metro, Boston's MBTA and San Diego Trolley. They all have multiple lines. They all are (mainly) grade separated. All lines go downtown. Some interline, some do not, but they all go to the city centre. Toronto's line 2 has failed to be successful due to it not going downtown. If they had jogged it down to Queen and then back up, that would have changed this.

How has line 2 “failed to be successful”? The problem in Toronto has been the building of subways on Sheppard and now to Vaughan while critical overcrowding developed on downtown routes.

For those suggested a DRL (or any of the subway) should be under some other fare system, you’re bonkers. This is a transit network and you do NOT start undermining piecemeal because armchair transit enthusiasts and politicians want to tinker with transit authorities.

For those suggested a DRL (or any of the subway) should be under some other fare system, you’re bonkers
So who's going to build it, and with what budget? And why should Downtowners have to pay for persons not even in Toronto suburbs to travel subsidized?

Those points not necessarily mine, you make one yourself :
The problem in Toronto has been the building of subways on Sheppard and now to Vaughan while critical overcrowding developed on downtown routes.
but the questions are valid. Since you like the term "bonkers" for persons you don't agree with on this, then feel absolutely free to muse as to how it's going to be paid for.

Last edited:

Back