Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Oh, that's right - I guess that's the western side of the Crosstown line?
So probably won't be an issue.
Yeah, I haven't been back to Toronto in 20 years!

Oh, that's right - I guess that's the western side of the Crosstown line?
So probably won't be an issue.
Yeah, I haven't been back to Toronto in 20 years!

Yes, a miniscule stretch and well away from people. But at least something local to show. To the west there will be a much longer structure crossing the valley, again well away from people. When it is to approach homes it will dive underground at considerable cost - despite the roadway being optimal for a guidway. A bit bizarre.

and do return. Many changes for the better.

pape station hasnt even got its rfp out yet dont expect the station to start construction until closer to 2026 AKA "Ontario Line – Pape Tunnel and Underground Stations" the similar "Ontario Line – Elevated Guideway and Stations" which is the whole area north of the dvp should start construction a little earlier than the tunnels
other than that there really isnt much public timelines except for "7 years of streetcar detours till 2030" and "metrolinx hands site access off to the contractor in may of this year"
Speaking of Pape station, I have been trying to figure out from the OL website exactly which building(s) on the Danforth is/are going to be expropriated by ML.
From what I can tell, the station house may avoid the need to knock down the Eton House dive bar but will knock down the building where Akropolis Pastries & Pies currently resides at 708 Danforth Ave (say it ain't so!)
I would love to know the specifics, and forgive me if this has already been answered.

Speaking of Pape station, I have been trying to figure out from the OL website exactly which building(s) on the Danforth is/are going to be expropriated by ML.
From what I can tell, the station house may avoid the need to knock down the Eton House dive bar but will knock down the building where Akropolis Pastries & Pies currently resides at 708 Danforth Ave (say it ain't so!)
I would love to know the specifics, and forgive me if this has already been answered.
I haven't heard anything about the expropriations on Pape. This is part of one of the other contracts, currently being tendered. It's quite likely the design hasn't hit that stage yet.

the EIA alignment drawings illustrated the property takes - basically the entire block is going bye-bye, presumably with a "transit oriented community" to be built afterwards.

1677519058824.png

1677519075748.png

There's often a lot of changes from the EIA to the final design. Though I don't know how else they'd do it - other than making the footprint for construction even bigger.

Gosh, there'll be a Danforth line station with an entrance on Danforth. That only took 60+ years.

the EIA alignment drawings illustrated the property takes - basically the entire block is going bye-bye, presumably with a "transit oriented community" to be built afterwards.

View attachment 458824
View attachment 458825

From 1962, from this link.
ttc-lipton-loop-plans-bill-robb-196209.jpg

A map showing the replacement of Lipton Loop with Gertrude Loop due to construction of Pape Station's bus terminal, circa September 1962. This image was originally published in the UCRS Newsletter.

streetcar-4118-09.jpg

Air Electric PCC 4189 stops on Gertrude (the north end of Lipton Loop), about to turn south on Pape in this February 21, 1965 shot by Joseph Testagrose.

I wonder if restoring that piece of track on Pape/Carlaw would make a better terminus for the 506 than trying to figure out how to do it at Gerrard station.

... around Pape station will end up looking like Bloor Yonge.
There's already one 48-story tower proposed for the northeast corner of Danforth and Pape (which will have the old subway entrance on the north, and the new entrance on the east).

See the thread for the northeast corner - https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...el-boca-vista-properties-inc-studio-jci.34088

Looking northeast to northeast corner (existing Pape station would be to north, and the new entrance (presumably not this design) would on the right.

1677548914613.png

Infrastructure Ontario Market Update - March 2023

Ontario Line

Elevated Guideway and Stations Active Procurement

RFQ: November 2022
RFP March 2023
Contract Execution PA: Jan - Mar 2024 PA: Jan - Mar 2025

Pape Tunnel and Underground Stations

RFQ November 2022
RFP March 2023
Contract Execution DPA: Jan - Mar 2024 PA: Oct - Dec 2025

Nice to see that the PA Contract Execution will be done 1 year earlier than the previous update. This will make any future alignment changes by a potential new government in October 2026 nearly impossible.

Market Update Link - https://www.infrastructureontario.c..._Market_Update/Market Update - March 2023.pdf

Last edited:

Back