Toronto Ontario Court of Justice Toronto | 95.7m | 17s | Infrastructure ON | Renzo Piano

Given that this is a government job, I'm sure they'll go with the cheapest proposal, regardless of any other considerations. So while a Renzo Piano would be nice here, this will surely be awarded to WZMH for what will surely be a bland glass box.

Given that this is a government job, I'm sure they'll go with the cheapest proposal, regardless of any other considerations. So while a Renzo Piano would be nice here, this will surely be awarded to WZMH for what will surely be a bland glass box.

You are probably right but I'd take hope over cynicism (realism) at this moment! If NORR can keep it in budget and not butcher any RP design, all the power to them.

For reference, the RPBW Paris courthouse project: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=195647

A mostly bland glass box along Toronto lines.

AoD

Last edited:
Hey IO / Ontario:

RPBW!

Woah, Alvin, you're not alone. Absolute dream come true if it happens. My only worry would be constant cost-cutting a la Rogers with the New Courthouse...

The stakes could not be higher...

upload_2016-10-4_16-48-12.png

http://www.wzmh.com/projects/york-region-central-services-centre-csc?cat=institutional

or...

upload_2016-10-4_16-54-13.png

http://rpbw.com/project/60/central-st-giles-court-mixed-use-development/

(not totally fair, but MAN I hope RPBW wins.)

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-4_16-48-12.png
    upload_2016-10-4_16-48-12.png
    611.3 KB · Views: 1,461
  • upload_2016-10-4_16-54-13.png
    upload_2016-10-4_16-54-13.png
    952.2 KB · Views: 1,509

This is urbantoronto so I totally get it. That said, the architect probably are the least important members of the development group. Ellis don deserved to be favoured at this point.

It will end up going to Plenary Justice. Plenary Group wins most bids from Infrastructure Ontario. They are building most new hospitals in Ontario now. WZMH has also been designing most new courthouses in Ontario. All signs point to them. We can expect more banal crap.

Yeah, you're right. I was looking at the bulleted development teams. Ellisdon built many of the hospital and courthouses

I'm muddled in my pants-wetting excitement here @maestro...

That was sarcasm, no (eg. RPBW are ON the EllisDon team...)?

if I remember correctly, Ellisdon, etc. was the general contractor for most of the P3s which were mostly developed by the Plenary Group. That had me excited as I didn't see the other bid was by the Plenary Group.

Let's hope Ellisdon being Ontarian and Plenary Group being international has a huge place in the decision.

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-5_15-24-33.png
    upload_2016-10-5_15-24-33.png
    683.1 KB · Views: 1,103
  • upload_2016-10-5_15-25-26.png
    upload_2016-10-5_15-25-26.png
    436.1 KB · Views: 1,088

Back