Toronto Ontario Court of Justice Toronto | 95.7m | 17s | Infrastructure ON | Renzo Piano

Today

B969B3FD-472A-40F8-9DA0-4E0D7D000DB5.jpeg

581E5159-DA23-4A36-8175-C1945D857760.jpeg

29B394AD-7DCC-4225-80A4-94E2B7F6F713.jpeg

F8E92C7B-605F-46E2-8442-DD2752AF062C.jpeg

6B762BB6-939A-479E-9D6C-859BE3D25C05.jpeg

1DE7E5CF-72A4-44B9-8740-774E4C946712.jpeg

15033663-296D-49EF-9824-132AB5FA2125.jpeg

I agree, this is spectacular so far.

Here's a throwback to some early reviews, in case anyone doubted the importance of detailing.
Another missed opportunity. You'd think that in employing one of the world's most renowned architects, Infrastructure Ontario would go the distance in creating a set piece for such a visible site. The massing does nothing to complement the curves of City Hall. It is a box, another stupid box and though Piano does well with this type of massing eg. Paris Courthouse this is bottom of the barrel for the quality work this storied firm creates. When will it end Toronto?
I'm not excited about this one either, and am only hoping, now, that this will be a fine background building, as I am concerned that the courthouse not try to compete with City Hall.
Yeah I'm not getting the hype for this building. Sure, its RPBW but it's an incredibly tame and basic attempt from the firm. The facade is literally going to be spandrel glass and white metal with very little depth or articulation.
Made the mistake of reviewing the exterior renders again. Looks fine for a University Ave addition from 2 or 3 decades ago. Dated.

Here's a throwback to some early reviews, in case anyone doubted the importance of detailing.
The palaces of the Loire Valley are spectacular. The great temples of Japan are spectacular. The Old Town of Prague is spectacular. This building's form is average at best. Its materials are above average. Its overall design is below average for Piano (which nevertheless is above average for Toronto). But spectacular? Get a grip. My original assessment stands.

The palaces of the Loire Valley are spectacular. The great temples of Japan are spectacular. The Old Town of Prague is spectacular. This building's form is average at best. Its materials are above average. Its overall design is below average for Piano (which nevertheless is above average for Toronto). But spectacular? Get a grip. My original assessment stands.
Thanks for your highly sought after assessment.

I suspect though, at least with *some of them from that list, would likely be glad to be proven wrong here.

*Note: As of posting this, I can least confirm one person is still sticking to their original assessment...

Back