Toronto Ontario Court of Justice Toronto | 95.7m | 17s | Infrastructure ON | Renzo Piano

Oh, forgot one — think we can see here the cut-outs in the concrete for the east side protrusions, starting a level above the podium.

6B04E739-9A2C-47A8-93B5-5B7A434E955D.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 9.23.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 9.28.53 AM.png

I am *extremely* scared of what could appear above each window course on the east and west sides.

If it's this, great!
View attachment 259686

I'm just not sure it will be...

There are a whole bunch of attachment points that shouldn't be there if they are just going to spandrel it. Still in the latest plans too.

AoD

Early days still... but I like what I see so far. The precast actually has thought and detail put into its design, rather than the standard "we have to stay under the 40% glazed facade maximum somehow" special we usually see.

Early days still... but I like what I see so far. The precast actually has thought and detail put into its design, rather than the standard "we have to stay under the 40% glazed facade maximum somehow" special we usually see.
The 40% applies to window wall, 99% of which is found on residential buildings and which is not as good an insulator as curtain wall (so curtain wall is not stuck with that restriction).

The details so far are all very Renzo Piano. This pre-cast does a good job capturing the spirit of exposed concrete with the sharp vertical and horizontal lines (much like the High Museum of Art in Atlanta or the Whitney Museum). The tall curtain wall reminds me of the cladding on The Shard or the Palais de Justice in Paris. I suspect we'll get some great little details across this one.

Back