Toronto OnePark West | ?m | 13s | Daniels | Core Architects

The townhouse units are quite stunning, I did take a few pics will upload them later on. I am impressed with Daniels. They did not skimp on style or substance from the looks of it. If it weren't for the bad rep of the neighbourhood, they could have easily gotten an extra 150 to 200/sq ft for these designs.

one improvement I would make to the townhouses that would be easy but add great outdoor space -- the backyard area is very small because garages are placed not far behind. But the space on top of the garage would be a great deck if they only built a "gangway" connector from the second floor to a deck on top of the garage.

pics of townhouses

These pics were taken about a month ago during my visit, it may be more completed by now, some of the areas were fenced in so couldn't take other views. Also took a few pics through the window of their show unit and the kitchen in the sales room.

Attachments

• CIMG3692.jpg
    CIMG3692.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 449
  • CIMG3694.jpg
    CIMG3694.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 446
  • CIMG3702.jpg
    CIMG3702.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 453
  • CIMG3696.jpg
    CIMG3696.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 455
  • CIMG3691.jpg
    CIMG3691.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 453
According to the map I have its still phase 1, but its confusing, I've heard it advertised as phase 2. From what I've heard, the condos have sold out and there are only a handful of the townhomes left.

According to the map I have its still phase 1, but its confusing, I've heard it advertised as phase 2. From what I've heard, the condos have sold out and there are only a handful of the townhomes left.

One Park West is the final residential piece of Phase 1 I believe, and yes, it's pretty much sold out. Paintbox, and as such the Arts centre are also under construction reportedly, though I haven't been down there recently.

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a thread with more info on One Park West building, or the Regent Park Arts and Cultural Centre. I see they're moving fast on the Arts Centre (I can see it from my balcony), but haven't found much info on either project.

I work for the media and about 2 weeks ago we ran a story about how tutoring after school had to be canceled since students were being mugged on their ways home since it now gets dark earlier.

Here's a slight mention about hours changing

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news/l...p-presence-in-regent-park-following-shootings

If these shootings are as they say from people who are not from Regent Park, why are they there? They must have connections to people there. I'm sure its not much comfort to the residents there that these are probably targeted hits. Problem with guns is that the bullets spray everywhere and some poor innocent gets shot in the crossfire. From what I hear the police themselves have had a fear about patrolling this area. I don't know if its just lipservice that they plan to be there long term. Because if not, the criminals will simply come back.

The townhomes of which there are 51 are preparing for predelivery inspection and occupancy in January. I love these townhomes! Gotta hand it to Daniels they are right on time, unlike other developers who leave investors hanging on for years on end. I'm very curious to see when they release the specs for Paintbox on top of the Arts and Cultural Centre. Can they truly make the Arts and Cultural Centre a Toronto destination? At 60000 square feet I hope that they get support from the city and to not only enrich the neighbourhood but create venues for all Torontonians.

As an aside I was reading on the skyscraper city form that some are starting to refer to this area as the "lower east side", gotta laugh at that NYC reference. Makes it sound so hip and trendy...

One Park.
[video=youtube;mmC0bsF8tM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmC0bsF8tM8[/video]

Toronto Christian Resource Centre & Apartments.
[video=youtube;sYrRONNBUsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYrRONNBUsM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for video updates torontovibe, this development is IMO one of the most underrated in the city. Hardly any talk about it anymore, yet it quietly is moving quickly and changing the landscape probably faster than any other area of the downtown area.

Holy crap. I wouldn't have even known One Park was above ground yet... meanwhile it's already cladded!!! Nice video!

Back