Toronto OnePark West | ?m | 13s | Daniels | Core Architects

Where is that model located? I plan on swinging through Regent Park later today, and I'd love to see it in person.

Can any current residents speak to how, if at all, these buildings have started to change the immediate area? How (un)safe does it feel during the day and at night? Have any new businesses moved in? How close/far are you from the nicer areas of Cabbagetown and away from what's left of the old Regent Park?

My wife and I are considering renting in this building. For what rents are versus the amenities in the building...it looks like we'd get a lot and still be able to pay off debts and save more aggressively than we'd expected to be able to buy a place in the next few years...but, of course, feeling unsafe when we take our dog for a walk would trump any possible savings.

It's easily safe enough to go down to the area for a walk to check it out for yourself... which will help you better understand the relationship of all of these new developments with Cabbagetown and other surroundings. The street party that was held for the opening of Cole Street, was positively jubilant and brimming with community spirit.

It's easily safe enough to go down to the area for a walk to check it out for yourself... which will help you better understand the relationship of all of these new developments with Cabbagetown and other surroundings. The street party that was held for the opening of Cole Street, was positively jubilant and brimming with community spirit.

We're heading over this afternoon and will probably do another couple of walk-throughs on other evenings...but there's no substitute for first-hand feedback from people who live there every day.

Very true - I'm just glad you're heading down - your previous post sounded like you were doing all of your research online only!

Very true - I'm just glad you're heading down - your previous post sounded like you were doing all of your research online only!

Haha...no no, not at all. I work at Queen and Church so I have no excuse not to walk over!

I'm just an internet nerd in general, that's all...so I scour for as much information as I can get...but still understand that nothing online is a substitute for real life!

from today
117.jpg

A residential tower and the Christian Centre. Sorry about the over-exposed video.

[video=youtube;8Kp-Z7A5Eug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kp-Z7A5Eug[/video]

I have to say that being down there during the day, One Park West condos and townhomes. I've got to hand it to Daniels for not skimping on design or substance. I love those townhomes, the style is superb. You'd never feel that it was a "dangerous" area of town but I suppose most things happen at night. As long as the lighting and the population density is there, I think the development could be a great success. On a sad note another two of our young people were shot in Regent Park again, I wonder if these turf wars are getting worse with the redevelopment or things just need to get worse before they get better.

I heard that there was a lineup of about 50 agents over the last VIP sale October 6th with great success. I wonder how many are end users and how many are investors in this locale and in this current environment. Certainly based on Urbantoronto, doesn't seem to be much buzz about the development on this board at least...

wow they did wonderful designs on all the buildings,looks a lot better than most condos in the GTA...the area really is going to come alive when everything is completed...

Can someone snap some shots of the townhouses behind One Cole? I've never seen them since the project has been completed. Thanks!!! :)

Back