Toronto OnePark West | ?m | 13s | Daniels | Core Architects

Re: Regent Park Update: Jan 15

Can't believe it's finally happening after 20+ years of talking about it.

Thanks again for the update.

AoD

great update, thanks.

Regent Park round 3... ding! I remember reading that the streets to be re-introduced to this hood were supposed to be very narrow (reministent of their previous life) but that the Fire Marshal wanted them widened for access. Anyone know what the latest is on this?

seaqueue:

I *think* the council overruled the wishes of the Fire Marshal, but I will have to check the report to be sure.

AoD

ilc47d.jpg

anyone know how to get info on sales for the new units?
Curious as to what they want for a townhouse in a newly renovated Regent.

There isn't even a selected developer for the first phase yet. Cresford was chosen but walked away from the table.

Re: Regent Park and Don Mount (Feb 5 Mini-update)

A few images taken today:

My guess is that the building right at the corner of Dundas and Parliament will be the first to come down.

RP54.jpg

Looking around the back (the site is wide open as the fence was knocked down on Oak Street) shows interior demolition fully underway.

RP51.jpg

More pics:

RP53.jpg

RP52.jpg

The demolition equipment looks hungry.

RP56.jpg

Many thanks for the update!

My impression was that the TCHC was going to act as developer themselves, or that they had at least substantially rearranged the model after the first developers walked away. Is this not the case?

SNF:

TCHC is going to develop on portion of Phase 1 - basically, a rental building with an integrated district heating plant.

AoD

Re: Regent Park and Don Mount (D-Day)

Demolition officially begins. Didn't make the official start, but did get some pics during my lunch break.

The wrecking crew doesn't waste time.

As I thought, 470 Dundas, the building right on the corner of Dundas and Parliament is the first to go.

Demo21.jpg

Demo22.jpg

Caught a promo shoot for "Canada's Worst Handyman"

Demo23.jpg

Let's see what's going around the corner....

Demo24.jpg

Wow. Wasting no time.

Demo25.jpg

Demo26.jpg

Demo27.jpg

So long, 470 Dundas.

Demo28.jpg

www.pulse24.com/News/Top_...3/page.asp

^what bugs me is the last clip the news story. "We've lived here for 20 years"...

20 years!??? you didn't try to improve your living conditions? you want us to keep picking up the bill for you longer? time to improve your skills and improve your conditions.

Nothing left of 470 Dundas East, though it is anyone's guess what the next building to be knocked down will be - none of the other buildings are being prepped yet.

Having a Metropass now makes it even easier to get over there during my lunch break.

Demo30.jpg

Demo31.jpg

Demo32.jpg

Dem033.jpg

Demo34.jpg

Who is the builder for the first phase? They aren't tearing it down without something to take its place, are they?

The site is going to be aA's seniors building, developed and owned by TCHC since it's also going to house the district heating plant. The rest of the blocks in Phase I are going to be privately developed.

AoD

Back