Toronto oneeleven Condominiums | 55.47m | 17s | Harhay | Core Architects

This one turned out quite well. The same can't be said for its neighbour to the east.

Overall a nice building, but it would look even cleaner without the balconies and visible columns. No balconies, or at least recessed ones, would have complimented/emphasized the protruding sections better (less distraction). They detract from the (push/pull concept; as ProjectEnd called it in, I believe, the Globe HQ thread). The effect is dampened by the balconies, as they make it appear as though the building has a consistent, flat wall of glazing (namely, the west side). I'd prefer to see the jut outs to pop more. It looks a bit busy.

Last edited:
Will there be greenery on the balconies like the building next door?

No, planters are not going to be installed like in the rendering. This is just fine by me because they would've taken up too much space and plants typically don't really do that well in such an application and in our climate. At Six50 next door most of the boxwoods hasn't survived even though those planters have an irrigation system.

I took possession of my condo here a month ago and so far I am very impressed that the builder has stayed faithful to the original design. The lobby is really nice and there are lots of nice unexpected details throughout the building. There has been no signs of cheapening in the end product unlike most builders.

No, planters are not going to be installed like in the rendering. This is just fine by me because they would've taken up too much space and plants typically don't really do that well in such an application and in our climate. At Six50 next door most of the boxwoods hasn't survived even though those planters have an irrigation system.

I took possession of my condo here a month ago and so far I am very impressed that the builder has stayed faithful to the original design. The lobby is really nice and there are lots of nice unexpected details throughout the building. There has been no signs of cheapening in the end product unlike most builders.

Unfortunate about the planters. I love the look, but I guess they just aren't practical.

Good to hear that Harhay delivered a good product. Thinking back to their projects..always well done and detailed.

27128703124_6cdf008ace_k.jpg

27741169255_b5ff9c8625_k.jpg

27707289236_392a25300a_k.jpg

27666587451_694ed68884_k.jpg

27130421453_0c41baf8c5_k.jpg

27130420653_6ddcac3137_k.jpg

27741184735_7371876d57_k.jpg

27666554581_f84b26af07_k.jpg

Liquor license application sign is up in the window on the Adelaide side.
Applicant is a numbered company so not sure what could be coming to this corner but it looks like a decent spot for a restaurant

Liquor license application sign is up in the window on the Adelaide side.
Applicant is a numbered company so not sure what could be coming to this corner but it looks like a decent spot for a restaurant

There was word that it will be an upscale brew pub.
Also the entire second floor commercial has been purchased which will become a medical/health centre.

Last edited:
Pretty ambitious plan in place. Curious to see how Northern Maverick turns out to be.

Should see soon. My understanding is that a soft opening - friends and family - is planned for this weekend, and if all goes well, open to the public later next week.

Obviously quite a substantial investment in here - a complete brew pub, with all the equipment to to produce craft beer on site, and an impressive overall decor.

On top of it Northern Maverick bought the ground floor space (not leased), so it's a huge investment for them.
They plan to have a very elaborate outdoor patio space similar to the nearby Keg's patio on King, but that may be postponed as we are nearing the end of patio season.

Likewise, the entire 2nd floor office space is bought up by Doctors Without Borders and they are expecting to complete their space around mid-September.

It has been a bit stressful for the residents due to the mess, noise, loading being taken up by their equipment and materials, security issues, triggered fire alarms, water and electrical lines accidently cut, misguided direction by the developer, etc. so we are happy that construction is finally nearing.

The soft opening this weekend has been cancelled because they couldn't get the fire inspection completed.
I will report back next weekend, but in the meantime the crew has been very busy trying to get the space done and have been working a lot of late nights. These are photos from today.

Furniture delivery:
IMG_0938.JPG

Railing for the patio area, looking pretty narrow:
IMG_0939.JPG

There are two impressively huge retractable window walls that open to the patio space:
IMG_0941.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    821.8 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_0941.JPG
    IMG_0941.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
My suspicion is that the very narrow patio space as is currently fenced off on the Bathurst frontage is only temporary. The fencing as currently installed appears to be in line with the frontage of the building itself - in other words on property line boundary between the building and the city sidewalk. It may just be that they have not received their boulevard patio license yet, with the fence to be relocated once the license is received.

*** correction ***
The patio area will be expanded outwards later this fall, after the brewpub working out all its opening quirks.
AHK, your comments could be correct too.

Last edited:

Back