IMG_5064.JPG
    412.5 KB · Views: 1,503
  • IMG_5069.JPG
    IMG_5069.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,511
  • IMG_5071.JPG
    IMG_5071.JPG
    490.1 KB · Views: 1,490
Okay, this looks amazing from the street level. It cleans up this dreary stretch considerably. The flush windows at street level are open and inviting, and at it seems just the right height the building introduces some complexity that would be too busy and intrusive at street level but is just right where it is. This building is great.

A stellar building. More of this please. The West Don Lands should have had this type of high-quality design. See what real brick looks like? It looks vastly better than the precast panels installed at Canary Park (it pained me watching them put in).

Moving pretty quickly: all of the glazing is up, interior drywall installed up to the 10th floor, and cabinets installed on the first few floors.
The lobby is coming together and looks like it will be built exactly to the renderings which will be very nice. I will post more photos soon...

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_5589.JPG
IMG_5594.JPG
IMG_5597.JPG
IMG_5607.JPG

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    778.2 KB · Views: 959
  • IMG_5589.JPG
    IMG_5589.JPG
    522.9 KB · Views: 940
  • IMG_5594.JPG
    IMG_5594.JPG
    831.2 KB · Views: 937
  • IMG_5597.JPG
    IMG_5597.JPG
    586.7 KB · Views: 938
  • IMG_5607.JPG
    IMG_5607.JPG
    875.3 KB · Views: 932
Looking great, and that lonely evergreen in the last photo adds some nice colour! I don't understand why the city doesn't plant more pine trees so that in winter it's not as bleak??

That pine tree is actually on the property of St. Mary's Church and surrounded by a iron fence.
Evergreen trees are almost never used as street plantings as the base of these trees tend to get very wide. Sidewalk/street plantings require trees with a canopy and doesn't obscure views and traffic from a pedestrian level.

This already looks fantastic without the greenery (boxwoods?) installed. It will only look better upon final completion. Projects like this should win awards for simple design and quality materials done exceptionally well. TheKingEast got me onto Harthay.

I was told by Harhay that the balcony planters only exist in the marketing renderings and there were no plans to make it in construction.
Planters on condo buildings generally do not do well and require lots of maintenance to keep the plants alive. Next door at Six50 is a good example, most of the boxwoods there are dead even though I believe that the planters have their own irrigation.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

There should be trees planted out front, however.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 755
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 757
That pine tree is actually on the property of St. Mary's Church and surrounded by a iron fence.
Evergreen trees are almost never used as street plantings as the base of these trees tend to get very wide. Sidewalk/street plantings require trees with a canopy and doesn't obscure views and traffic from a pedestrian level.

I understand, but there are many native Pines that have their branches and growth higher up much like many deciduous trees, Red Pines, White Pine, Green Pine (in the photo) etc. growing up in the city I remember that not even in the city parks were there any evergreens....it's ridiculous. The city is so beautiful and green in the Spring and Summer and depressingly grey in Winter.. So much more variety could make the Winter more enjoyable and beautiful...Just my opinion!

Back