Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

1bs5.jpg

Attachments

• 1bs5.jpg
    1bs5.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,667
Nice shot, I like the angles there. Probably the best application of glass I've seen since being on this forum. Is the balcony glass completely different from the curtain wall glass or is it just the lighting?

Geez this thing has grown over the summer. Last time I saw it was in April. Curious to those living in the area, is it giving hints yet of how street "feel" will improve once complete?

It's still hard to say how the street level will feel because the bottom two floors are still wide open, but there's definitely a bit of "big city" feeling when you see the tower rising, especially from the northwest corner of Yonge/Bloor. And now that it's starting to pass neighbouring buildings it's only going to become more pronounced.

It's still hard to say how the street level will feel because the bottom two floors are still wide open, but there's definitely a bit of "big city" feeling when you see the tower rising, especially from the northwest corner of Yonge/Bloor. And now that it's starting to pass neighbouring buildings it's only going to become more pronounced.

Not only that, but the area around the intersection has become quite windy. I live across the street and walk that section quite often. I think when all the glass is in place it will only get worse, sort of like King/Bay. Guess I'll just have to keep a good hold on my hat.

Lots of progress being made on the glazing on the seventh floor.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,714
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,674
those lines and curves make it look like the rotating tower proposed in Dubai but never built. some times you look at it and it feels like its rotating.

This is the kind of building that makes all the other low quality buildings seem unimportant; one of our most important intersections is getting this stunner. This building would look fantastic in any city. I think that's something to get excited about!

I'm curious what method they use to pour the concrete so that it the floorslabs' round corners are located perfectly to give that curve.

I'm curious what method they use to pour the concrete so that it the floorslabs' round corners are located perfectly to give that curve.

They use forms to create the geometric shapes. The concrete is pumped into each specific location via a hydraulic crane (blue). The workers use vibrating tools to make sure every void is filled. This ensures that engineering specifics are met and it creates smooth surfaces for the next stage of construction.

Back