Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I think it's nice, but kind of small feeling for such a large building. I would expect something larger, and less cavernous. Maybe this is just a small portion of the lobby, I don't know.

one day these buildings will have a new neighbour

5588480217_5868364cc2_b.jpg

Absolutely mind blowing photo tomms!!! where was that taken from??? ROCP? Murano?? Other?!!
talk about a clear day (or a day with high visibility).
i wish 1bloor would be seen from here in between the Bay/Casa, that way there would be more balance, but i guess we'll leave that to another tower.
and casa looks amazing. as usual...

Lots of residential in that photo - not much office.

Agreed, we need more offices ... but honestly that's a terrible picture to much such a statement with, cibc and the bay building are very large office buildins (one being over 500,000 square feet), also, lower in the picture there are a lot of smaller office buildings (relatively smaller that is).

Secondonly, this is facing north ... north of Bloor off Yonge is a very residential area ... nodes like st. clair and eglinton have offices (but, yes I'd love to see more).

Anyway, point is, pick a better picture to much such a claim next time :) ... but again, I agree, we're seeing a lot of new construction in the core (south core), but I'd love to see others throughout downtown, and even other nodes, Yonge St.Clar / Eglinton!
And then the rest of Toronto!

there are some cases in which i really wish our downtown core had a more "distinct" end. there are clusters of buildings (many residential) scattered outside the core, that from some perspectives, comes together to create one big sea of mess! and forgive me for saying this, but i am the only one who thinks those types of apartment buildings are really ugly when there too many of them? not to mention, they don't exactly compliment eachother. all different shapes, sizes, spread over numerous distances.
I mean, it can look cool and all with that "megacity" sorta feel, (Quantum looks completely beast since it stands out so much), i like to think of it as our very own 30 Hudson street/Goldman Sachs tower in New Jersey, since it's relatively tall and situated outside downtown, and stands out.and actually, sorta looks like it.
454px-30hudson.jpg

i guess one of the only ways to accomplish this is a geographical boundary (the only one i can think of are the lake, of course, and the don valley, which helps out, but is situated a fair distance away from the action)

i feel like the core would be more impressive if it was isolated (or on an island, of course lol)
For example, the legendary view from Churchill Park condos,
By our very own Interchange42:

ChurchillSkylinepano.jpg

Last edited:
Imagine this view with Ice Aura and Bloor....And Shangri La....it will aslo have a large impact

Traynor, could ya do a Quick render with those projects??? even a line drawing, so I can see where they'll be. Ice would be behind SL..correct?? 1 Bloor behind 4S?? Burano too?? That will be a great skyline view in 5 years /!!

Last edited:
the central city will continue to rise over the coming decades. The wealthy protected neighbourhoods to the north (Rosedale, South Hill, The Annex, Cabbagetown), Lake Ontario, and the Don Valley will all act as barriers to expansion of the core which may actually lead to your desired effect, Steveve. Yonge & Eg and North York will also probably continue to go skyward

Back