Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Reflections of a sunset this evening.

How is it that there are still quite a few pieces of cladding missing?

Other than some balcony glass I haven't seen them replace damaged cladding yet since they did the initial installation. It does seem to be taking an excessively long time to replace broken glazing.

As a resident - I can tell you that they are ordering glass from China and we have been waiting quite awhile.

We have glass in our unit that was broken on move-in (May 2017) that still needs to be repaired. The good news is that we have been told that the glass has arrived they are just waiting on better weather to use the swing stage.

As a resident - I can tell you that they are ordering glass from China and we have been waiting quite awhile.

We have glass in our unit that was broken on move-in (May 2017) that still needs to be repaired. The good news is that we have been told that the glass has arrived they are just waiting on better weather to use the swing stage.

Weird. Shouldnt they have a surplus of glass for just such circumstances.

Truly wondering if the mech level glass will illuminated all the way around. They have a tiny section of it lit and it's been that way for over a year. From far at night all you see is the aviation lights. Zero presence. It's definitely a shame Toronto towers dont have more focus on lit crowns

So I'm wondering as to why First Capital hasn't been able to lease out the eastmost commercial property. It's 85,000 square feet but they're not likely to lease out another department store or grocery store with both Nordstrom Rack and McEwan there, so what's gonna take up a big two-storey space? It seems a lot bigger than most of what's around Yorkville/Yonge (save Holt Renfrew/The Bay), isn't likely to attract our bookstore monopoly (Indigo) so what's gonna take the place?

I've been surprised by the fact that it's been vacant for so long. Is it time they start considering parcelling it off?

Back