Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

This development isn't high market retail - Nordstrom off the rack's usually appear in outlet malls, not high streets.

Chick A Fil A is also on the southernmost unit, away from the high end bloor street address.

As a gay celiac, this restaurant would make me ill on several levels. But any restaurant where almost all the food served is wheat-infested is definitely downmarket to me.

I hate when it takes years to have missing cladding and balcony railing pieces fixed. After years of construction, you'd like to be able to just enjoy the finished product from top to bottom. It doesn't matter if you're a buyer, a neighbour, or just a resident who has to look at the building everyday on the street. Missing cladding mars a project.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but did anyone notice the incredibly ugly and out of place conventional street lighting installed along the Yonge frontage. Very off putting.

The reason the Yonge Steet streetlights were originally moved onto the building facades was to free up space for pedestrians; as a bonus it was passable aesthetically.

I can live with moving back to lights on poles on Yonge, but surely we can do better than this.

I'm going to have to look up this section of Yonge in the streetscape manual, it can't have this design, I would hope.

I am fairly confident we are dealing with Streptomyces here:

SS2619382.jpg

Back