Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Yep, but the video is also 4 years old, mind you. In it, some of the joints we can already see do appear to move - ones that are now fixed.

I'd love to be wrong, and to that point, there do seem to be some joints that are still enclosed in plastic. We'll see!
Based on the video, there are only two rotating joints in the entire installation—one per arm. The form just makes it appear that there are more, and I believe these joints are still enclosed in plastic. All we're seeing at this point are functional joins for the ease of transportation. They'll get covered up soon enough, too.

It looks as though (likely a concession by the artist for the sake of safety and blocking less immediate sidewalk to anything taller than 6 ft), the lowest "elbow" on the east arm has been moved up.

Last edited:
I mentioned this in the Bloor-Yorkville thread but also should have mentioned it here...it's going to be a Chick-Fil-A :s

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.35.27 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.35.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.35.27 AM.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 667
Those waffle fries with the Chick-Fil-A sauce are just too good. We just had one open here in SF, albeit with all the other fast-food in Fisherman's Wharf.

Agreed, the owner's views on same sex marriage are disappointing. If only he didn't donate to anti LGBTQ causes, I think I could more easily reconcile my feelings towards the store.

Agreed, the owner's views on same sex marriage are disappointing. If only he didn't donate to anti LGBTQ causes, I think I could more easily reconcile my feelings towards the store.
Sorry to go off topic and I know this discussion doesn't belong here, but it goes well beyond just not donating to LGBT+ causes. The company simply does not support or believe in homosexuality or same sex marriage. And now they will open a location on the Pride Toronto float route, feels like a slap in the face to Toronto and Canadian values.

Sorry to go off topic and I know this discussion doesn't belong here, but it goes well beyond just not donating to LGBT+ causes. The company simply does not support or believe in homosexuality or same sex marriage. And now they will open a location on the Pride Toronto float route, feels like a slap in the face to Toronto and Canadian values.
Chick-Fil-A's Toronto location will no doubt have extra security, especially given its location very close to one of the most famous LGBT communities in the world and thus the Chick-Fil-A at One Bloor East would be a vandalism and protest magnet (especially on Sundays, when Chick-Fil-A closes because some invisible sky fairy resting on clouds said so). Yes, I'm a strong supporter of LGBT rights.

That's why I wish Chick-Fil-A's Canadian operations were separate from its American operations when it comes to politics and religion.

Imagine opening up a misogynist entertainment store in North York Centre near where the van attack occurred.

If I were Chick-Fil-A, I would rather set up in Upper Canada Mall or Premium Outlets Toronto (or even Vaughan Mills) instead.

Last edited:

Back