Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

They really need to renovate the metro there ; - ) And I think they will soon enough.

Few people appreciate just how tall this thing is going to be.

This thread has 1.3 million views in part because of how many people appreciate how tall it will be (plus the standout design)

The general public doesn't realize the height of this one. One Bloor didn't get all the press for height that Aura did. So there's no expectation really here. Many articles and websites still peg the height of this one at 65 stories, failing to take into account the 10 floor increase. So the public will certainly be shocked to see it soaring 850ft into the air.

If I recall correctly, this will be about twice as high as it is right now. Seeing urbandreamer's photo and imagining a structure about twice as high as that really let the height of this building set in for me.

Edward Skira's post from St. Clair is what does it for me. Imagine two towers side by side from each other, twice the height of that.

Unless you have news I don't, I'm not expecting that Metro to change any time soon.

Only new is rather indirect which is; I've noticed them renovating their other locations, Bayview and Eglinton as one example. But maybe these other areas have more competition.

The recent shots from a distance appear to show One Bloor E as perceptibly taller than the 481 ft Two Bloor W and about the same amount shorter than the 525 ft Uptown, or about 500 ft tall. At that height, the structure still has a long way to go but the language of "twice" the present height is something of an exaggeration. Still, it is right to anticipate an impressive appearance especially if this building is eventually accompanied by an even taller One Bloor W.

Back