Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

You try bringing in materials on a 9 to 5 schedule. It makes better use of daylight hours too, especially if overtime becomes necessary. And it's much better in the summer heat.

Too many rich people doing renos and landscaping damn home improvement tax credits piss me off.

Yeah better to just let the homes deteriorate. Be thankful they're raising the overall property values in your neighbourhood and your house with it.

The construction workers working on those homes are also probably thankful for the money they make to feed their families.

But yeah, let's have an economy with less people working and less money being spent.

Also that tax credit expired a long time ago.

Bitter much?

1ba31.jpg

Yeah better to just let the homes deteriorate. Be thankful they're raising the overall property values in your neighbourhood and your house with it.

The construction workers working on those homes are also probably thankful for the money they make to feed their families.

But yeah, let's have an economy with less people working and less money being spent.

Also that tax credit expired a long time ago.

Bitter much?

+1

A much more positive outlook on the economic merits of construction, with the sarcasm removed of course to show your true meaning.

well this is my last post on this topic as it's way far from one bloor now, but most of the noisy stuff is obviously landscaping since that's done outside, so nothing to do with homes deteriorating, and I don't think it raises overall property values when people chop down 100 ft. trees to build 3-4 car driveways and stone retaining walls, and keep the sound of stonecutting saws and cement mixers going from 7-7 every day of every summer in living memory.

Does this include inside each unit

Application: Fire/Security Upgrade Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Application#: 13 231489 FSU 00 FS Accepted Date: Sep 6, 2013

Project: Apartment Building Sprinklers

Description: To install a new sprinkler system throughout the whole of the building from basement level parking garage to mechanical pentahouse above the 75th floor of the building. Amount Paid in NB 10 299436.

They've done a good bit in the last two weeks. They've got a mezzanine formed up on the southeast corner ready for a pour, and it looks like they have most of the columns and walls poured for the second floor on the south half of the site. There are stacks of scaffolding sitting there waiting to be set up for forming the third floor. By the end of next week this thing will look taller than most of the storefronts it's replacing.

Is this project poison or something? Has everyone left?

This is only your 5th post, so I'm not sure if you're just trying to be a trouble maker, but I can assure you people are hard at work at 1 Bloor East.

They've almost finished pouring the entire 2nd level which is massive because it includes the footprint for the tower and the podium still.

They've erected half of the colums that will support the 3rd floor and are starting to assemble the forms for that now (Monday Sept 16th)

So don't you worry, the project isn't "poison" and everyone hasn't left. :rolleyes:

Back