Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I just hope the retail/entertainment podium is worthy of that location. (and by that I mean impressive in design and size!)

Nice shots of the Kolter/Y+W proposal Mike. I'll bet the guy who carefully smuggled all those pics out of the City Planning office (long before they appeared on Y+W website) is pleased to see them re-posted after all these years (without proper acknowledgement of course). ;-)

Sorry 3D - seeing as I've had them on my hard drive for 7 or 8 years I forgot who initially posted them way back in UTs infancy. It's too bad there aren't more renderings floating around. I attended one of the planning meetings and there were a few other images of the proposal, massing models and cross sections of various floor-plates, podium and underground connections. The Kolter design did evolve a bit over time as the spire was redesigned as were aspects of the podium and the land assembly wasn't the complete parcel that Bazis put together (a third party refused to sell the plot of land on the NE corner of Hayden & Yonge when Kolter was the proponent)

Last edited:
Sorry 3D - seeing as I've had them on my hard drive for 7 or 8 years I forgot who initially posted them way back in UTs infancy. It's too bad there aren't more renderings floating around. I attended one of the planning meetings and there were a few other images of the proposal, massing models and cross sections of various floor-plates, podium and underground connections. The Kolter design did evolve a bit over time as the spire was redesigned as were aspects of the podium and the land assembly wasn't the complete parcel that Bazis put together (a third party refused to sell the plot of land on the NE corner of Hayden & Yonge when Kolter was the proponent)

It's a little scary just how dated that design looks now. Ugh. I really don't like it at all. Give me a box any day over that oval layer-cake.

There's an excavator working on site today.

It seemed like it was just clearing up rubble etc.

There's an excavator working on site today.

It seemed like it was just clearing up rubble etc.

Perhaps for an upcoming unveiling and media op.?

Why build a sales centre,....people will scrap it out in the mud for this one.

Ha Ha

" Be fearful when everyone is greedy and greedy when everyone is fearful" . My new favourite quote.
The herd will definately create a stampede with this one. I'll stand a side and watch.

I'm still hoping for a public square on this site, or at least a smaller square in front of the new building. This part of town is sorely lacking in good public spaces oriented to the street.

^^ Yonge/Bloor is way too windy for any kind of useful square IMO. This should be built right out to the street.

Last edited:
^^ Yonge/Bloor is way too windy for any kind of useful square IMO. This should be built right out to the street.

Depending on how the building(s) is/are designed, is there any chance the wind tunnel effect at this corner could be reduced?

Depending on how the building(s) is/are designed, is there any chance the wind tunnel effect at this corner could be reduced?

Yep they can, and they can test the building design at the 'world famous' wind tunnel testing
facility at the University of Western Ontario.

Back