Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

600,000 square feet at 65 floors? This thing is gonna be pencil thin.

Aura, with only 10 additional floors, has 1,100,000 square feet of residential space (and 1,300,000 including retail).

The stated 600,000 for One Bloor is either incorrect, or incredibly thin (which might hint at two buildings?).

Last edited:
i think, a four storey double-height podium, total cost aprox 300 million. But then again it was to be a luxury condo/hotel building.

It went from 300 million to only 50 million? Is that possible? It's got to be a mistake. I thought it was still going to be an upscale building? Why would they buy such an expensive piece of land and then build such a cheap building, it just doesn't make sense.

It went from 300 million to only 50 million? Is that possible? It's got to be a mistake. I thought it was still going to be an upscale building? Why would they buy such an expensive piece of land and then build such a cheap building, it just doesn't make sense.

This could only be the cost of excavations and underground construction... DCN tends to only list costs in 'stages'.

I have a friend who works for Great Gulf, she mentioned to me today that the going rate will be $775sqf .

My boss's sister has a dog walker that goes to a salon where this woman who's husband is the uncle of a friend of a guy that works at the coffee shop where the owner of an apartment building where the interior decorator of the brother of the president of great Gulf Home lives and she said....

Ummmmm... Oh, now I forgot.

:D

We need some information soon, the suspense is driving me nuts.

As much as I hate some of what I see here now, no other intersection in this city offers such hope to become the intersection in Toronto. And once The Bay Centre is dealt with, well, the party can really begin.

I'm preparing myself for a modest grey, glass box but god, I hope I'm wrong!!!

For those that weren't on these forums a couple years ago here's a look back at the Kolter proposal before they pulled out from Toronto to focus on the booming condo market in Miami...

4280437986_1e3e91fb69_o.jpg

4279694499_38a5e2cff5_b.jpg

4279694263_62d957d3c3_b.jpg

Last edited:
I have a friend who works for Great Gulf, she mentioned to me today that the going rate will be $775sqf .

Heard something similar from my agent, who recently dealt with GG on my behalf....800 was the number being thrown around....imagince 480k for a one 600 sq ft one bedroom, plus 50 for parking and locker. Makes x2 at 540 psf sound like a deal....My prediction is that it will sell well regardless...all those who got refunds from the defunct Bazis deal will be first in line...Plus investors are getting zero returns on stocks, bonds, t bills etc... so money is still flowing into real estate.

Really hoping for a super tall with mixed use.

Ka1

I will appreciate if someone could post the actual prices of various size suites, whenever they become available.

Given the present market, Great Gulf's excellent reputation, the location on 2 subway lines, and what Bazis sold, I would say Great Gulf would be foolish to sell at below $800/foot. In fact, I suspect they will offer upgraded packages for even more money and get it. Also, remember they paid alot for the land so they have to charge alot of money and whether you buy the hype or not, it really is a good location(though not Yorkville). Given that Trump/shangrila/4 Seasons/ Ritz are all at the $1000/sq. ft., and given the price of Aura the next closest thing assuming a very tall (?slender single or maybe 2 towers), I believe they will have no trouble getting $800+ a foot heading closer to $1000 for the higher floors (say 40 and above)

Back