Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Mike, might these pre-sales encourage the developer to increase (or decrease) the height of the building, or are those "tweaks" you mention minor?

There is a very wide range of decisions that are made at different stages of the project timeline - so yes structural, design, finishing’s etc are topics of discussion for the development proponent's team. The initial pre-sales absorbsions give a good opportunity to gauge market interest in the product currently offered and make evaluations on a variety of issues that subsequent decisions will be based on.

When on earth are we supposed to see a rendering of this?

I got some solid 3rd hand information last night from another member of this board that claims to have been told, end of this month.

(I'm serious thats what I was told, but tongue in cheek about how reliable it is. And apparently we box haters wont be happy....)

And apparently we box haters wont be happy....)

thanks for the heads up Redroom ... I'm not at all suprised that this tower would be yet another "box" due to higher GFA efficiencies yielded, I'm simply disappointed :(

Ka1

Typically there are family and friends pre-sales and then sales to major clients. Some investors on these priority lists purchase bulk orders of units from specific developers that they have relationships with and some of the top agents that are invited in the door early have large client lists that purchase in bulk (i.e. only a small minority of the top agents, not the heards that line up in the streets).

These two groups typically get in the door first as priorities and the units are geared towards that market segment. Following these pre-sales it gives the development team and their sales and marketing firm an opportunity to step back and re-evaluate the project and make any necessary tweaks or adjustments prior to the broader public launch and marketing campaign. This stage also can determine how quickly or slowly the development team must move forward on working drawings, construction related contracts, finalizing planning approvals and financial management issues. At this stage there are obviously a lot of professional people in the know, but they aren't going to spill the beans on public forums... (although as more people are brought in the loop that may change, for all I know the next post after mine will be a leaked rendering or price list or whatever).

I would like to support what Mike in TO has posted. And my information has come straight, as they say,from 'horse's mouth'.

I own a unit in RoCP1. I was regularly sent emails and encouraged to register for AURA sales. It was said in the emails that because I had already purchased a unit from Canderel, I am a VIP and I will be given a first crack at the purchase of a unit in AURA.

On the invited day, we were told that only a certain number of units are avilable for us. I, then, asked a very senior manager -- I will not give his name in public -- present in the sales office as to what happened to our VIP status and first crack at buying a unit of my choice.

His answer, in front of everybody, was blunt: we have to take care of some individuals first -- our employees, employees of our bank, lenders, lawyers, our main suppliers, architect and others.

Then comes VIP agents who have given them good business earlier.

That exaplains as to why ' good' units are sold even before a project is offered to the public

I got some solid 3rd hand information last night from another member of this board that claims to have been told, end of this month.

(I'm serious thats what I was told, but tongue in cheek about how reliable it is. And apparently we box haters wont be happy....)

There's an agents ad in the current issue of homeTrader resale condos for 1 Bloor. He also says the relaunch is in late January.

does anyone think he's legit?

Last edited:
... I'm not at all suprised that this tower would be yet another "box" due to higher GFA efficiencies yielded, I'm simply disappointed :(

Yeah....i am starting to believe that the original 218 meter tall building design for this location was the best.:(

oneblooreast1.jpg

Automation:

That 218 m original reminds me of a bad Vancouver condo. It already looks very dated and cheap.

That render was the first thing I saw when I first joined Urban Toronto back in 2002 or 2003. I didn't even know the corner was slated to be redone yet the folks here already had renderings. I was hooked from that moment on.

I think I joined about a month before MrMan's scanned Graphic Arts find. I do remember Alvin as having around 600 posts.

maestro:

That was a long, long time ago...I think I still have the original staff report in paper (ditto Trump) though I think the rendering was first culled from the Young + Wright architects' website. Don't post as much as I used to anymore - let others do that :)

Incidentally, what handle did you go by back then? There are some members from that period of time that we sort of lost all info on (since the threads weren't archived back then with the 20 (10?) page limit ezboard has.

AoD

Last edited:

Back