Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Balconies are largely useless higher than floor 20. They become too windswept. Even lower in the tower, most of these balconies are too small to be usable. Glass balcony walls don't help either. I'm not going to sit out on a balcony at all if it has glass sides.

Curious if you’ve ever lived above floor 20 because I’m on the 29th floor with a glass balcony and ive never had an issue. It’s nice to have somewhere to step outside when you’re otherwise trapped in a small condo box. Actually would never buy a unit without a balcony just for that reason.

Balconies are largely useless higher than floor 20. They become too windswept. Even lower in the tower, most of these balconies are too small to be usable. Glass balcony walls don't help either. I'm not going to sit out on a balcony at all if it has glass sides.
Sounds like a fear of heights thing. maybe best if you don’t then no one needs a dizzy head above the streets.

I hear this a lot, but I’ve lived on the 32nd floor and have a friend up on 28. Neither of my experiences with either balcony have given me the impression that they are useless due to wind. It’s no more noticeable than my current 7th floor balcony.

I guess it's personal preference then. I've been on many a balcony on the 20th floor or higher and didn't want to spend more than 10 seconds on any of them. You lose psychological contact with the ground and they were too windswept compared to the same balcony a lot lower. Hated them. If balcony sides are glass I won't spend time there at all.

Towering above an empty Yonge street on Sunday morning (Aug 23). Should be balanced out nicely by The One to the west.
IMG_20200823_090651.jpg

Back