Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

The view from UrbanToronto's new headquarters...

IMG_2209.JPG
IMG_2229.JPG
IMG_2277.JPG
IMG_2315.JPG
IMG_2216.JPG

Great view wmedia. It shows how the skyline aligns closely with Yonge Street, and it goes that way to North York.

Really. I could've sworn we saw something that implied it was to rotate or am I imagining things?

Nope, that was the intention. Guessing they cheapened out on that though.

London’s Ron Arad riffs on One Bloor’s dynamic, undulating facade with an accompanying sculpture that appears to be set in perpetual motion. Set to be installed this fall, two 31-metre-tall stacks of metal tubing will sway back and forth like dancing robotic arms. At times the pillars will seem close to toppling over, but passersby can trust the artwork to stand strong – hence its name, Safe Hands.

Really. I could've sworn we saw something that implied it was to rotate or am I imagining things?
Nope, that was the intention. Guessing they cheapened out on that though.

London’s Ron Arad riffs on One Bloor’s dynamic, undulating facade with an accompanying sculpture that appears to be set in perpetual motion. Set to be installed this fall, two 31-metre-tall stacks of metal tubing will sway back and forth like dancing robotic arms. At times the pillars will seem close to toppling over, but passersby can trust the artwork to stand strong – hence its name, Safe Hands.
Tuscani beat me to it but yeah, the initial artist's intent was that it move, but that seems to have been abandoned. Not really surprising though - the maintenance costs of that thing operating consistently would have been astronomical.

I still like it though.

Back