Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Agreed—I'll have to look back, but I recall the DRP having similar notes, and perhaps having suggested that a more "ceremonial" crown of sorts be considered. Thinking of a bunch of Foster's other towers off the top of my head, there's actually a pretty consistent uniformity from top to bottom—I'm having difficulty conjuring one of their projects that has the sort of treatment we may be looking for here.

A bit more glazing up on the mechanical level west elevation.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    666.3 KB · Views: 1,439
The top of this building is kind of boring.

Hopefully it lights up or something.

Initially it was to be sloped, but I think I prefer the flat roof line, as 2 key anchoring buildings on the skyline (the other being Aura) would have mimicked each other.

On a side note to this day, I actually like the top of the original 1 Bloor proposal (Bazis) with the sharp fins piercing into the sky. It looked (and still looks imo) unlike any other roofline in the city and went well with that form of building.

Anyway, I'm quite happy the way One Bloor resolves itself at the top, I'm hoping for lighting beneath the glazing in the mechanical penthouse.

The top seems to be a large area of opaque glass to screen the utilities. Does anyone know if it will have
Special lighting effects?

From just this morning. More progress on the mechanical level glazing. Sorry about the picture quality, I was trying to avoid the direct sun since I was taking the photos to the east in the morning sun. I will try to take a photo this afternoon when the conditions are more favourable.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    558 KB · Views: 608
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    972 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:

Back