Toronto 307 Sherbourne Street | 49.55m | 15s | Forum Asset Mgmt | superkül

Site remains vacant. As seen today:

PXL_20220409_142845911~2.jpg

PXL_20220409_143102094.jpg

https://www.forumequitypartners.com/ purchased this land from Oben.
They seem to be letting it sit vacant, their website states their rental property will be completed by 2025, yet have not seen any progress since they purchased the land.. Perhaps they plan to sell the land to a condo developer, given all the other condo's emerging in the area. That would be a good thing! Hope to see some progress or communications from this developer soon though.

Their webpage for this project mentions "80 units and 275 beds". Forum Equity's portfolio also includes the Quad student residences up at York University, where they sound like an investment partner on building them. So they may play a similar role here as well, along with possibly also having this building geared towards students.

From their website:

sherb1.jpg
sherb.jpg

New hoarding art was installed.

We extend a cordial invitation to Urban Toronto to join us in experiencing the unveiling of a masterpiece crafted by the renowned Indigenous Anishinaabe artist, Que Rock (Quentin Commanda). Que Rock's artwork is a vibrant reflection of Indigenous heritage and creativity, beautifully capturing the essence of Toronto's diverse cultural landscape. His exceptional talent has adorned numerous prominent spaces throughout the city, enhancing the urban experience while honoring his Anishinaabe culture through captivating visual land acknowledgments.

IMG_9286.jpg
IMG_9318.jpg
IMG_9322.jpg
IMG_9451-n.jpg
IMG_9513.jpg
IMG_9680.jpg
IMG_9716.jpg
IMG_9741 2.jpg
IMG_9741-b.jpg
IMG_9741-b2.jpg

New docs here in Sept and Oct '23:

1698492180569.png

Still SuperKul

1698492297468.png

Better render in the Planning Report:

1698492527212.png

1698492662499.png

1698492586752.png

1698492611351.png

2 elevators - essentially 1 per 100 units.

On Landscape, the render notwithstanding, the current plans do not show any trees on either frontage.

Everyone seems to be forgetting about the massive minimum accessible parking space requirements in 569-2013 now.. This building would need 4 visitor parking spaces and 4 accessible resident spaces under 89-2022, not just 4 visitor spaces. And that's a pretty low amount of accessible parking required owing to the large number of studios - many large buildings under 89-2022 now require in the range of 15-20 accessible resident parking spaces while before 89-2022 the requirement would have been closer to 4-5.

It is fascinating to watch how TMU related land uses are rapidly gobbling up the east end. And for those worrying about the homeless patrons of this area I would expect their numbers to start going down as they tend to avoid areas with large numbers of regular people. No judgement on them but it is a cause and effect phenomenon. Also there is something very pleasing about a large green space ringed by larger buildings as it creates a great urban environment.

One disability parking space, one type G loading space? I am not sure I understand the thinking here. Where do service vehicles park? Surely there would be further concessions made for parking for disability? I could see a couple of Type G’s, disability parking of 2 or 3 re service vans, and a couple of general purpose service parking sites. And that’s less than the requirements insertnamehere outlines. So somewhere in the LPAT they circumvented the requirement?

One disability parking space, one type G loading space? I am not sure I understand the thinking here. Where do service vehicles park? Surely there would be further concessions made for parking for disability? I could see a couple of Type G’s, disability parking of 2 or 3 re service vans, and a couple of general purpose service parking sites. And that’s less than the requirements insertnamehere outlines. So somewhere in the LPAT they circumvented the requirement?
Whyever would something this small need two Type Gs? The general thinking here is a move from regular (more or less) condo to student rental, hence the huge jump in units.

Whyever would something this small need two Type Gs? The general thinking here is a move from regular (more or less) condo to student rental, hence the huge jump in units.
Students move, a lot. And often around similar dates. Type G’s or similar, provide capacity for volume moves. There is no outdoor parking, on street is probably restricted (sorry, I would need to go and visit to check that). Add in scenarios where you have multi vehicles showing up to service HVAC (or similar), indoor garbage bins etc etc. It seems that by reducing available service areas, you are creating issues for the future. We can quibble about the type and space allocated to services parking, but the current plans seems very restrictive.

Back