266     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 493     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 481     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
I don't get that mentality. You travel all the way to another continent to a totally different culture...only to seek out stuff that's commonly seen back home? That makes no sense to me. When I travel abroad, the very last thing I want to see is something typically Canadian. I want to immerse myself in a culture I'm not familiar with.
I'm the same, but not all cultures appreciate that. Many families from poorer upbringing but with newer wealth view travelling as a status - see the sites, take all the cliche pics (CN Tower, Niagara Falls) cramming in as much as possible, then go home. Paris has been seeing an influx of Chinese owned businesses and restaurants to take advantage of this, it's in and out of the news, but here's an example article I quickly found: https://www.aljazeera.com/features/...ese-tourists-and-a-clash-of-cultures-in-paris

I love these types of places downtown. It's different, adds some much needed colour and uniqueness to the street. We have enough bland corporate suburban retail around the downtown. This is a welcome change.

Back