Mississauga Nola Port Credit | 53.34m | 15s | FRAM + Slokker | Giannone Petricone

Jasonzed;812586 (Article) said:
Officials with the Town of Port Credit Association have been against the plan to build the condo building. .

That's the reason for the rejection right there. In inner suburban 416 on a street with storefronts, that wouldn't be a reason for rejection. They know they're in the city. Port Credit is not a preserved node like Streetsville. It's a streetcar suburb (albeit an old interurban line), practically contiguous with the older parts of Toronto.

Abso-f'ing-lutely ridiculous.

+1

You also might find the judges bio of interest here...

ROSSI, REID - from http://www.pas.gov.on.ca/scripts/en/bios.asp?boardID=682
Reid Rossi was appointed to the Board in May 2004. Mr. Rossi has brought considerable experience in government and adjudication to his work at the OMB. Mr. Rossi has served as a consultant to the United Nations in communications and humanitarian affairs. He was Executive Director of the Canadian Housing & Renewal Association in Ottawa and he was a Member of the Immigration and Refugee Board in Toronto.

I hear a voice screaming liberal inside my head, and I just cant shake it...

Everyone seems to be talking about this being a turning point for the OMB. I'd like to think this is not the case... However, it does indeed look like it may be the case with Mississauga in particular. This is the third absolute refusal the board has issued in Mississauga as of late. It definitely brings back memories of that Senior's home at Burnhamthorpe and Cawthra. I'm thinking that the OMB is trying to hold onto an image of Mississauga as the last quaint little bastion of the GTA. It's too bad that's taking precedence over good, modern, planning principles.

Perhaps some changes are in the works?
http://www.dailycommercialnews.ca/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=5c918b260c0cf1012f64215f1a8174c1add84c05&projectid=9146641&region=ontario

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING, RETAIL Proj: 9146641-6

Mississauga, Peel Reg ON PREPARING PLANS

4-10 Ann St, L5G 3G7

$21,000,000 est

Note: Owner is waiting for official plan amendment and rezoning approvals. Preliminary designs are underway. Scope of work will be finalized pending approvals. Further update summer 2014.
Project: construction of a 22-storey condominium building containing 140 units and retail at grade.
Scope: 22 storeys; 140 units
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services
Owner Complete information is available to subscribers. Click HERE to find out how to subscribe.
Architect Complete information is available to subscribers. Click HERE to find out how to subscribe.

First report Tue Nov 08, 2011. Last report Mon Oct 21, 2013.
This report Tue Feb 25, 2014.

Any updates on this? Maybe the recently funded Hurontario-Main LRT will give condo developments in Port Credit a boost.

Any updates on this? Maybe the recently funded Hurontario-Main LRT will give condo developments in Port Credit a boost.
No need to bump thread asking this question, as Mississauga is famousness for having project not come alive for years to decades after proposed.

When things happen regardless where it is in the GTA, those long dead threads will be update when something is new needs to be added to them. This project was cut by OMB which was wrong.

The LRT may start to review some of these projects, but others are been hold for lack of demand. It may kick start a number of new proposal that I am aware of at this time, but have no real detail info on them.

Nola may be Mississauga's best-looking rps to date.:)
pvZ5mie.jpg

15 storeys.

What's does that mean though? I thought City Council had to approve rezonings and development applications...

It's very difficult to get anything approved in Port Credit, so good for them. 15s makes more sense here.

PLanning and development committee consists of a select few Councillors usually (depends on the municipality), who "pre-screen" things before they go to council as a whole.

In Toronto, it will go to community council (planning committees split into the old Metro Toronto boroughs), which approves it, then goes to council for final approval. Debate and information is usually heard at the committee, with the actual council vote being nothing short of a formality. Very rarely does anything happen at actual council.

Its slightly different in every municipality however so i'm not sure how it works in Mississauga.

Okay great, thank you for the explanation. So this is almost a done deal then, but not officially approved. That's good that the developer is waiting until final zoning approvals prior to launching the project. That's the safe thing to do.

Back