Toronto Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

I'd believe it alright :)

Exciting news but I'm not sure where it could be located on the north side of Mercer as King Blue fills in the gap from Hotel Le Germain over to Blue Jays Way? Could the proposed W location be on the south side of Mercer in fact?

Not at all surprised by this news, there has been talk for years about bringing a W Hotel to Toronto. It's one of the few luxury chains Toronto doesn't have.

This neighbourhood is already PACKED with hotels. I guess this area will be Toronto's hotel district.

Starwood Hotels tried to launch Aloft Hotel here 8 years ago, but pulled out due to the economy. Tridel bought the partially built site and transformed it to Rêve Condos.

It would make sense that Starwood would return and open a W Hotel here as the only W Hotel they have in Canada is Montreal. An Aloft hotel would be great here as well.

It definitely looks a lot better than what was proposed on this site before

15-33 Mercer Street (?, ?, ?)

http://www.joecressy.com/feb_3_2015_public_consultation

Don't think there is a thread for this.

Date: February 3, 2015

Presentations at: 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm

55 John Street
Toronto ON M5V 3C6

If you are unable to attend the meeting, please contact ouroffice at 416-392-4044 or email councilor_cressy@toronto.ca to learn more.

15-33 Mercer St (6:30 pm)
This proposal is for residential condos and a hotel in a two-tower design with a mid-air connection.
The former property owner had presented a different concept to the community.

Oh - "mid-air connection"

Something similar to Pier 27 or Parade then

I almost always like the mid-air connection. Gives me a very sci-fi vibe. I'll probably get some flak for this, but aesthetically Parade is my favourite CityPlace building

Anyone going to the consultation tonight?

Back