Toronto Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

The deal with the I-never-met-a-curve-I-didn't-like crowd is that it's just that: there's no discrimination, all curves are good curves. Similarly all boxes are boring boxes to them; there's no ability to discriminate between the handsomely proportioned and detailed boxes and the clumsy ones.

The fact that most people on this forum hate it leads me to believe that 99.999% of the public will like it, myself included! ;)

I think it speaks to why design review panels are essential in this city.

It's got potential, but it definitely needs some work.

Last edited:
Well, I thought these guys were more than halfway soldout?

If that is the case, probably not much chance of it going under before it gets built.

I might have been thinking the Mercer and got them confused.

As for the building itself, I think it's very slick. - But it's a wait and see game if they still have to get approval and take it to market.

caltrane, I really have trouble understanding your aesthetic tastes. OTOH, you think the new aA-4$ is beautiful; on the other, you're saying this proposal is "very slick." I'm confused, because to me, this project is awkward cheap and in fact very 3rd world, while an aA is First World.

Back