Toronto Newton at Concord CityPlace | 67.97m | 18s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

It occured me that this is going to be one of the best connected places in the city when it's done. If you like to walk, you'll be able to get quickly to so much stuff from here… and that not going to be too unlike surrounding buildings of course, but at Newton you'll be able to cross Housey Street and stroll right into the new Loblaws complex, or head north across the tracks to a new Whole Foods at Front, and that location right between them suddenly struck me as maybe the best located condo in town…

so that's what I wrote about on the front page.

You're going to call me biased, but, I don't get what's so awful about that ad. It's not killing me even slightly. When I learned that there was no CGI in it to make the transitions from room to room, I thought 'pretty clever!'

So, they knew it was something a little special all along, and they've now put out a video explaining just how it was made. We've linked it all in a new story up on the front page if you'd like to see how they accomplished it.

I don't get what's so awful about that ad. It's not killing me even slightly.

IMO the video gets 10/10 on production quality, and the way it was executed is pretty damn amazing. The one thing that does kill me about the commercial is the enunciation of the "T" in "Newton". Nobody would ever say it like that and it is really annoying for me.

IMO the video gets 10/10 on production quality, and the way it was executed is pretty damn amazing. The one thing that does kill me about the commercial is the enunciation of the "T" in "Newton". Nobody would ever say it like that and it is really annoying for me.

Agreed. It's quite well shot and very cleverly constructed; it's the voiceover work that lets it down.

I liked the way that they did the commercial and the way that showed the "behind the scenes" look at how the video was made.
That gurl is cute the one that is the subject of the entire commercial.

Blk3236_context.jpg

Look at those nicely spaced out buildings. Notice anything that you got wrong Liberty Village?

Why wait that long to build these amenities (school daycare, community centre). You'd think they'd plan on doing that at the same time they were building all those cityplace condos. It's like saying here are your residences people but if you have kids who require daycare or school, you'll have to wait till 2018 before you have these convenient services. It sounds like backwards planning.

Why wait that long to build these amenities (school daycare, community centre). You'd think they'd plan on doing that at the same time they were building all those cityplace condos. It's like saying here are your residences people but if you have kids who require daycare or school, you'll have to wait till 2018 before you have these convenient services. It sounds like backwards planning.

Its been planned since 1997, so it will be over 20 years before it is said and done....ridiculous

Back