Toronto Newton at Concord CityPlace | 67.97m | 18s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Lumen (the previous design) is gone

Last edited:
I don't get it... Concord finally starts hiring some great architects like KPMB, Core, KPF and Raw, then all of a sudden we're back to crappy P+S?

The rendering has been posted to UT's twitter account:

BT-a18UCEAA-Gc9.jpg

Attachments

• BT-a18UCEAA-Gc9.jpg
    BT-a18UCEAA-Gc9.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,220
I see a spandrel-clad mid-rise that has the tiresome uniformity of a Toronto point tower. And a heavy, awkward roofline.

Point taken about the roof line, and you're certainly spot on regarding the spandrel cladding. I made my comment mostly based on the darker mid-section, which does seem to call out other Cityplace projects. I for one am glad to see Cityplace finally have a presence on Bathurst street. This and Library district will definitely improve the feel of this otherwise unfriendly stretch of road.

Pretty consistent with their latest trends of black and white, much like what's going up at Concord Park Place.

Point taken about the roof line, and you're certainly spot on regarding the spandrel cladding. I made my comment mostly based on the darker mid-section, which does seem to call out other Cityplace projects. I for one am glad to see Cityplace finally have a presence on Bathurst street. This and Library district will definitely improve the feel of this otherwise unfriendly stretch of road.

This part of Bathurst starts looking even better once you consider the projects that are proposed for just north of the rail tracks.

I don't get it... Concord finally starts hiring some great architects like KPMB, Core, KPF and Raw, then all of a sudden we're back to crappy P+S?

Just wait til P+S get their hands on Signature Tower

Concord mentioned who the architect was for Signature at a meeting to reveal the plans a few weeks ago... but I forget who it was!

A few renderings

Newton City Place 1.jpg

Newton City Place 2.jpg

images from Concord Adex

Attachments

• Newton City Place 1.jpg
    Newton City Place 1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,058
  • Newton City Place 2.jpg
    Newton City Place 2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,035

Back