Toronto Nautilus Condos | ?m | 39s | Biddington | Graziani + Corazza

I think the "wave" design looks like a profile of a breast.

Wow! it really does! I wonder if the renderers noticed that and the *flashes* of light were selectively positioned. Imagine if one was "accidently" positioned near the nipple area. Imagine the outcry!

Confirmed in the Sept 17th Condo Guide - it is more Graziani + Corazza work. It will be 37 floors high, 10 floors higher than was originally envisioned by the Etobicoke Waterfront's planners. I'm glad we're braking away from that mold...

I think this design will be a popular one if executed well, and may end up a major western landmark, known for the teardrop (nautilus) design on the balconies. This blue & green building stands out from the white, gray and black ones east of it, and will be highly visible to thousands of daily commuters on the Gardiner.

All that said, it's not that good, but it will be popular.

...and the giant breast will appeal to many prospective buyers as well.

from today's Star, looks like now 75% sold....

10. NAUTILUS: 2123 Lake Shore Blvd. W., east of Park Lawn Rd. Builder: Monarch. A 37-storey, 377-unit precast concrete and glass building. Prices (parking included in some units): from $169,990 for 325 sq. ft. to $923,990 for 1,418 sq. ft. Fees: 41 cents per sq. ft., plus hydro. Amenities: indoor pool, whirlpool, saunas, fitness centre, party room with outdoor terraces, cyber lounge, 24-hour concierge, theatre, guest suites, library, sports lounge and dining room. Sales: 75 per cent sold. Status: construction not started. Occupancy: December 2010. Sales centre: on site, 416-495-3544; monarchgroup.net.

Taken yesterday

I had to dig deep to find this thread. Digging has commenced on Monarch's next two buildings. They have another 2 towers left on their site for a phase 4.

2658589950_d8387db797_o.jpg

2658574376_4b41fe8920_o.jpg

2657748965_5af0846352_o.jpg

great update ... always appreciate good pics, the last one really illustrates the overall 'Waterview' community quite nicely (looking good so far)

You are correct, Monarch's original masterplan intended phase 3+4 to be exact mirror copies of phase 1+2, however plan have since changed due to Ontario Planning legislation effectively encouraging taller buildings and increased density, as a result Monarch retracted its first design of the two buildings for phase 4 known as BREEZE (pictured below) where sales were actually started but later cancelled to create one taller building we now know as Nautilus.

I believe though phase 4 (block closer to lake) will remain as midrise buildings similar to phase 2

417106.jpg

See other BREEZE images on Emporis

excavation is near complete for Nautilus (phase 3) ... it seems like the hole they dug is for 3 levels of underground parking ... now it'll just be time before it goes UP UP UP :)

I like the design of the building but...

$169,990 for 325 sq. ft.
325sq. ft?? WTF!
thats 18ft by 18ft
Basically 170G's for a unit the size of an average living room in a house.
And its 75% sold, guess there are a lot of people willing to live in a small box out there.

Status Update - 080927

Looking north from south of the Nautilus construction site, the tower is going to be builtup from the pit on the right

Completion Date

Thinking of possibly buying a condo in the Humber Bay Shores area (Parklawn/Lakeshore) and was wondering which new building to consider.....Nautilus VS Waterscapes? What do you think? Pros...Cons! :confused:

Back