Toronto Nautilus Condos | ?m | 39s | Biddington | Graziani + Corazza

Whatever it is, that hole is flooding with lakewater; while Monarch keeps pumping water out onto Lakeshore Blvd. The city isn't thrilled I assume..

Beyond the Sea on the other hand is racing up (and down depending on the phase). I can't wait to see it from our south-facing windows.

hi everybody,

I found this site upon searching some detailed info on new condo projects in the GTA. Very informative to say the least.

I considered buying something in Nautilus but then decided to hold off on it when Waterscapes was introduced.

Seeing so many resourceful people on this forum, I was wondering if one of you guys can help me out finding something. I am currently looking for the earlier built Monarch Explorer building and I was wondering if anybody still have the floor plans and designs of the original builders in PDF format or something. I searched the forums and the search engines but no luck.

I'd really appreciate it if one can forward to me via PM.

Thanks.

Anyone have the latest on this project?
What does the builder have to say about the delay?
Will it even get built? :confused:

any progress?

I was just wondering if anyone has been down to the sales office lately? I read somewhere that Monarch was surviving the recession by not proceeding with their projects at this time. I'm thinking they will wait for better times to start.

progress

I visited the sales office today and learned that work has restarted at Nautilus. The sales office seemed quite busy with customers as well. It was also a great day for a stroll along the lake and to really appreciate the beauty of this whole area.

Attachments

• DSC03930.JPG
    DSC03930.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC03931.JPG
    DSC03931.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 367
i drive past this site daily - my house is 3 minutes away

agreed - excavators and dump trucks have been moving in and out of the pit this past week and a big red sign has added on top of the hording reading "now under construction".

Daily Commercial News

A good sign of construction activities to come @ Nautilus :)

CONDOMINUM APARTMENT BUILDING Proj: 9090414-6
Etobicoke, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/START
Nautilus at Waterview, Humber Bay Shores, Phase Four, 2123 Lake Shore Blvd, Brookers Lane at Park Lawn Rd, M8V 1A1
$40,000,000 est

Start: September, 2009

Complete: September, 2011

Note: All Sub trade pricing is secured.
BA Consulting Group Ltd is the traffic Cons for this project.

Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, curtainwall exterior, fuel fired heating system, low E (emission), tinted windows provided with screens on operating windows; various interior finishes; four high speed elevators; proposed construction of a 37-storey tinted-glass tower above a three-storey precast and glass podium. The podium will house recreational facilities, residential suites, and retail space including a proposed major grocery store. Amenities will include 24/7 concierge, and two guest suites. Previous phases on the site can be followed under report numbers 1260937.

Scope: 365,000 square feet; 37 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 377 units; parking for 400 cars; 6 acres

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Recreational bldgs

First report Wed Oct 01, 2008. Last report Wed Jun 24, 2009.
This report Mon Aug 31, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=faaba63e3b8e26a48dadc3afcca4299b33da6b36&projectid=9090414&region=ontario

/\ An odd bit of news, that.

We all know this tower to be 39 stories as per the variance which Solaris reported on a couple months ago. This report however, indicates that a 37 story tower will go above a 3 story podium, equaling 40 stories total. But in the Scope section below that, it lists the original height of 37 stories. Clarification?

City Planning Final Report

A good indication that a 39 storeys tall Nautilus is going forward ~ :)

For consideration by Etobicoke York Community Council on Sept 15/09:

The application to amend the Official Plan and Zoning By-law proposes to increase the permitted building height of 37 storeys, to allow a 39-storey condominium building on the lands at 2123 Lake Shore Boulevard West. The two 16-storey mid-rise buildings previously approved at 68 Marine Parade Drive have been redesigned to a single 30-storey building with retail uses at grade.

The redesign of the point tower to an elliptical form and its enhancement along the waterfront street edge, respond to and support the principles contained within the recently adopted Humber Bay Shores Urban Design Guidelines Update and Public Realm Plan. The construction of the final phases will bring about the completion of the Village Court and will achieve the entry to the waterfront and major focal point intended for Humber Bay Shores.

An application to lift the Holding provision for the final stage of development at 68 Marine Parade Drive will be filed in the near future.

The project is consistent with the Provincial Policy Statement’s call for intensification of residential growth in a manner that implements the City’s Official Plan.

This report reviews and recommends approval of the applications to amend the Official Plan and Zoning By-law.

2123 Lake Shore Boulevard West – Phase 4 (Nautilus)
In 2006, two residential buildings were envisioned for this site at a height of 29 storeys (90 metres) and 17 storeys (52 metres), linked by a common commercial and residential base and underground parking garage. In May 2007, following consultation with the City and community, the proposal and related Site Plan application were amended in order to increase the height and refine the design of the landmark residential building by 7 storeys from 29 to 37 storeys (90 metres to 115 metres). The second 17 storey tower was eliminated. The Committee of Adjustment approved these changes on May 17, 2007. The processing of the Site Plan application is well advanced and will require some refinement (Application Number 06-181692).

The proposal for Phase 4 “Nautilus†is to increase the approved building height of 37 storeys, to allow a 39-storey building. Retail and commercial uses continue to be located at grade.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-23031.pdf

Progress as of Sept 6, 2009

Here is a shot from yesterday. Not much progress yet but at least we have a shot to measure things by.

Attachments

• 20090906.jpg
    20090906.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 371

Back