Toronto Nahid on Broadview | ?m | 6s | Nahid Corporation | Options

It's also great that they're including ground-floor retail -- a major disappointment of the recent Bold Towns is that they had no retail component.

Love it. Reminds me of the architecture in Stockholm's new urbanist neighbourhood Hammarby Sjostad. Hoping for some similar stuff in the Portlands :)

^You have got to be joking: it's a pos and therefore breaks my #1 development rule: if it's uglier than the building it replaces it must never be built.

Unfortunately, I know how to use google to find who's responsible for this future eyesore: Shaun Developments Inc and Options Architects. They're responsible for many hideous suburban mcmansions ... and:

RMXW83K.png

WayTz4F.png

ZdVKGX5.png

Lc1v4Yz.png

It's a simple design idea--btdt--but the execution will be what kills it.

^You have got to be joking: it's a pos and therefore breaks my #1 development rule: if it's uglier than the building it replaces it must never be built.

Unfortunately, I know how to use google to find who's responsible for this future eyesore: Shaun Developments Inc and Options Architects. They're responsible for many hideous suburban mcmansions
It's a simple design idea--btdt--but the execution will be what kills it.

UD, chill. As was pointed out by mjl08, the finishings will make or break. Your awesome Googling skills found some renders with much poorer finishes. Congrats.

Also, Options Group doesn't seem to really be an architectural firm, but rather a structural engineering firm that'll do a design-build if you have no taste and want to save the 10-15% on the project an architect would cost. Unfortunate.

I passed by the other day. It looked like windows were being boarded up.

As for it being uglier than what it replaces, yes, in a way. But it sure as hell beats under POS glass tower in my opinion. And it does SEEM to conform with the Broadview Avenue plan in that, judging from the photos urbandreamer dug up, it's low- midrise and set-back (although it should be more so) with retail at street level.

I was recently in Washington DC in a neighbourhood undergoing incredible gentrifying and renewal. (Check out 14th NW and the U-Street area on streetview.) Lot of new mid-rise builds and conversions. Street setbacks, patios, trees, retail (Whole Foods and Trader Joes!!) ... I kept thinking this is what it should be on Pape and Broadview above Danforth.

ETA: This link

Don't love the look but i'll take it - right across the street from a subway and only 6 storeys :rolleyes:. Someone gave these councillors way too much power to make planning decisions.
What is taking so long for this to get built? I have been passing by the borded up windows for the past 3 years at least .....

Back