Toronto Musée Condos | 53.95m | 17s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

It looked like they started setting up for demolition on this site this morning. Anyone see a rendering?

Definitely preparing for demo - more equipment and fence around the building tonight. Going to be very interesting to see this area evolve with 111 Bathurst and 620 King Context over the next couple of years.

Really a shame as that warehouse, though plain, looks far better than what's been proposed for the site so far.

Really a shame as that warehouse, though plain, looks far better than what's been proposed for the site so far.

I agree as I'm a big fan of the old brick look. Glass building are becoming a bit too overkill. That being said I hope this project pulls from Context by mixing it up with Brick, Glass, and Greenery. When I was present at the November 2011 city planning meeting the presenters of 525 did hint on a possible parkette enclosed in a "L" shaped building. Hope this actually comes to light.

Pics taken Mar 2, 2012

2nOKU.jpg

vFKvq.jpg

gX5Rd.jpg

I feel sick.

The building is in relatively good condition inside as well, which makes the demolition a real shame.

Now that developers have pretty much finished with the empty lots and low-rise buildings, they're going for the fabric of the area.

I hope someone at Core is dying a little inside every time this happens. Buildings like this warehouse are the best thing about this neighbourhood.

Last edited:
This is being demo'd for the Plazacorp site. Is Core the architect there as well?
I mean the textiles building, which is part of this 525 Adelaide parcel, unless I'm horribly confused...

Edit: my bad, Core was associated with the old proposal.

Last edited:

Back