Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

Pics from Sunday:

2471933303_94957469e8_b.jpg

2471936419_b23bc84f00_b.jpg

These buildings are turning out incredibly sexy. The taller of the two appears to be on the 25th floor now.

These buildings are turning out incredibly sexy. The taller of the two appears to be on the 25th floor now.

Yea only 10 or so more storey left on the north tower, should be done in a couple of months. These buildings have gone up so fast!!:)

The rate of progress seems incredible, especially considering how slowly they were moving before they hit street level.

They look good but in a way, almost look like glass versions of those concrete 60's office towers on U-ave or Bay St.

But I'm trying to imagine what chain stores are missing from the Bay Street corridor: any ideas?

Is there a Timmie's nearby? A Mcdonald's? What does this vertical suburban strip still need?

These are really sharp looking towers. A major improvement for the street.

But I'm trying to imagine what chain stores are missing from the Bay Street corridor: any ideas?

Is there a Timmie's nearby? A Mcdonald's? What does this vertical suburban strip still need?

Yes, there are a lot of Mcdonalds and Timmies around, at least two Mcdonalds within 5 minutes and 3 Timmies within 5 minutes. There are also 3 starbacks, 4 second cups, 2 timothies, an urban bean, java joes and about 16 other coffee shops in a 5-7 minute walking distance from this address. There are also 3 pizza pizzas, 2 pizza novas, 2 Subways, 2 Quiznos and even a Wendys within 5 minutes for good measure.

So where does that leave us? Options include:

* downtown Pita Pit to cater to the UofT crowd,
* a big retail space for Blockbuster
* Beer Store (in my dreams)
* Sushi on Bay
* Bank (CIBC, National or Scotia since TD, BMO and Royal are all near)
* Mac's
* Cora's (this would be pretty awesome actually)
* medical services, devices supplies or professional office

One of the complaints that I have heard from residents in this area is that there is a shortage of good restaurants. Something priced between Bistro 990 and Timmie's which seem to be the choices.

One of the complaints that I have heard from residents in this area is that there is a shortage of good restaurants. Something priced between Bistro 990 and Timmie's which seem to be the choices.

There is no shortage of good restaurants in this area. There are a ton of excellent neighbourhood eateries which we locals like to keep to oursdelves.

Back