Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

Lets try to keep the conversation about Murano. i know its difficult seeing how imperfect over here is being such a...well....im sure we all have a lot of adjectives for this guy, but lets try and keep the conversation relevant. No need to take shots at imperfect and his opinions because im sure the majority of us have already disregarded those opinions as worthless biased verbal diarrhea

Penthouse glass still there;

6275491500_0d192f59f5_b.jpg

oh my goodness ^^^ after seeing all these pics of buildings from overhead (like 155 Cumberland), i have a newfound appreciation for the spaces they have. sheesh. and i realized, the mechanical room at the top, has HUGE open walkways that offer AMAZING views.... what a waste. i should be living up there.... that space is intense. high ceilings and all.... Bruce Wayne's penthouse right there.

It is somewhat odd that penthouse residents are not allowed to explore the areas around the mechanical box. Especially since Casa makes room for its high-rollers at the top.

It is somewhat odd that penthouse residents are not allowed to explore the areas around the mechanical box. Especially since Casa makes room for its high-rollers at the top.

imo, a waste of amazing space... even RBC centre has an open area like that on it's top floor...

considering the space, they could at least make the entire open area a fitness centre... imagine working out at those heights!

Not to beat an over-beaten drum here but U, a further evolution of the traditional aA point tower, does put its amenities at the top. I believe both the fitness center and party room(s) are up there. Another small facet of their constantly-evolving portfolio.

PH apartments can fetch huge bucks for a developer, I don't understand why they put amenities up there. The other thing is the people below can be subject to a lot of noise like when weights are being used, noise from the party room and such. We have that problem in my building so they don't open the gym/pool/saunas/roof deck until 9am and only keep it open until 10pm.

Not to beat an over-beaten drum here but U, a further evolution of the traditional aA point tower, does put its amenities at the top. I believe both the fitness center and party room(s) are up there. Another small facet of their constantly-evolving portfolio.

I have to tell you, this post made me laugh. It sounds like you're passing off the concept of putting amenities at the top as this groundbreaking(!) idea that aA creatively thought up. It's not really a huge feat. And I'm sure it would be done a lot more often (the sexy factor of it) if it didn't come with some drawbacks for the developer.

And the only person who's beating that aA drum too much is you. I love a lot of their work, many of us here do, but please have some dignity and stop slobbering all over Clewes' work like that.

It sounds like you're passing off the concept of putting amenities at the top as this groundbreaking(!) idea that aA creatively thought up. It's not really a huge feat. And I'm sure it would be done a lot more often (the sexy factor of it) if it didn't come with some drawbacks for the developer.

Agreed SP!RE ... at minimum I'm certain the party room and other amenities are atop Palace Pier and Palace Place ... and those certainly are not new :)

Last edited:
Anyways, where were we?

STOP. THE. PRESS!!! aA has evolved their designs to put the amenities at the top! Incredible! :p

Glass on the balconies is going up. A completely different design and it looks great. Should change the look of the building IMO.

Back