News   Apr 15, 2024
 924     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 646     0 

Toronto Municipal Election 2018: Mayor’s Race

Definitely. A lot of people are fed up and others are just confused. We haven't had a single mayoral debate or any councillor debates. It's so unfair to voters and the people running alike.
when is it not ever a low turn out in municipal elections. The vast majority of Torontonians were not paying attention to this 47 or 25 ward business.

Depends.
Last election was a record 60% voter turnout. Previous election in 2010 had 50% turnout.
2000's elections (3 of them) had voter turnouts under 40%.
So it appears that if no Ford is running for Mayor - 40% is the benchmark.
Itv was 60% which I had forgotten about due to the controversy with the Fords

Memo to Keesmaat re her election signage: white font against pale green background (for her surname) is *not* legible.

Memo to Keesmaat re her election signage: white font against pale green background (for her surname) is *not* legible.
Jennifer Keesmaat has election signs?
I have literally seen one sign of hers after driving through many different suburban areas today.

I've seen one Keesmaat sign in Ward 20. There are a few more Tory signs but not many. Most in the southwest part seem to be for trustees.

I saw a few Tory signs where I work. Nothing where I live though. Mostly just signs for council and trustee candidates.

Gotta love family dinners at Thanksgiving. As expected, my brother was talking to my mom about Faith Goldy. He may be campaigning for her. He did the same for RoFo in 2010 so I don't know why I'm surprised. He scoffed when I said she was a Nazi sympathizer.

Over the weekend, candidate Keesmaat proposed repurposing three of the City's golf courses as public spaces.

Dentonia, Don Valley, and Scarlett Woods.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4526822/jennifer-keesmaat-toronto-election-city-golf-courses/

Dentonia is a garbage course as it is now. It is a course you go to when you are bored and want to play with your balls.

I am not surprised the idea of it being closed is brought up. The only downside is that the area has more than a few transients, "salespeople" and "business owners". Re-purposing Dentonia into a park will only give people a place to break the law. I would not walk through there at night, in the evening or many other times of the day.

Don Valley on the other hand is a tad more suitable as a park and would do well.

One I am surprised was not mentioned is Tam O'Shanter. It is centrally located and I can think of a million things to do with the area including selling it to a professional club much like the Toronto Hunt Club. Keep in mind, the Tam O'shanter Course was quite popular with banquets, etc before the buildings burned down in 1971. At one point the Tam was a Golf, Curling and Skating club along with hosting events and banquets.

Filth Moldy has hired Clayton Ruby. She seems to think that her "civil rights" have been violated...

Graeme Gordon‏@GraemeCGordon
Toronto Mayoral candidate Faith Goldy has hired prominent civil rights and constitutional law lawyer Clayton Ruby to sue Bell for refusing to air her campaign ad. Press conference tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. I plan to have a piece up on this tomorrow morning.

Gotta love family dinners at Thanksgiving. As expected, my brother was talking to my mom about Faith Goldy. He may be campaigning for her. He did the same for RoFo in 2010 so I don't know why I'm surprised. He scoffed when I said she was a Nazi sympathizer.

It really is amazing how her supporters just block out the last year of her going full white power.

Last edited:
Filth Moldy has hired Clayton Ruby. She seems to think that her "civil rights" have been violated...

It really is amazing how her supporters just block out the last year of her going full white power.

There is freedom of speech and then there is hate speech. She needs to learn the difference.

Dentonia is a garbage course as it is now. It is a course you go to when you are bored and want to play with your balls.

I am not surprised the idea of it being closed is brought up. The only downside is that the area has more than a few transients, "salespeople" and "business owners". Re-purposing Dentonia into a park will only give people a place to break the law. I would not walk through there at night, in the evening or many other times of the day.

Don Valley on the other hand is a tad more suitable as a park and would do well.

One I am surprised was not mentioned is Tam O'Shanter. It is centrally located and I can think of a million things to do with the area including selling it to a professional club much like the Toronto Hunt Club. Keep in mind, the Tam O'shanter Course was quite popular with banquets, etc before the buildings burned down in 1971. At one point the Tam was a Golf, Curling and Skating club along with hosting events and banquets.

Tam O'Shanter isn't in a ravine, unlike Dentonia Park, Don Valley, and Scarlett Woods.

I don't think Keesmaat is interested in selling any of the properties (though I could see a small part of Detonia Park, closest to the subway station, used to build affordable housing). She also never mentioned the golf course at Centennial Park.

But you really think Dentonia Park would be better still fenced off? I strongly disagree. It would provide an opportunity to connect the path through Warden Woods with the Taylor Creek trail, connecting with the Don Valley trail system. You'd be able to walk or bike completely off-road from Warden and St. Clair all the way downtown. A few sports fields for soccer and cricket would provide more activity to the area as well.

Tam O'Shanter isn't in a ravine, unlike Dentonia Park, Don Valley, and Scarlett Woods.

I don't think Keesmaat is interested in selling any of the properties (though I could see a small part of Detonia Park, closest to the subway station, used to build affordable housing). She also never mentioned the golf course at Centennial Park.

But you really think Dentonia Park would be better still fenced off? I strongly disagree. It would provide an opportunity to connect the path through Warden Woods with the Taylor Creek trail, connecting with the Don Valley trail system. You'd be able to walk or bike completely off-road from Warden and St. Clair all the way downtown. A few sports fields for soccer and cricket would provide more activity to the area as well.

I have lived near Warden and St Clair for the past 25 years, I know Dentonia Park well. The area is well known for illicit activities and it would be best not to give them an opportunity to ply their trade.

Teesdale and Crescent Town are next to Dentonia while Fir Valley Court and Cataraqui Crescent are alongside Warden Woods Park. It is well known by the locals that these are havens for drugs, gangs and other illicit activities. It is not public knowledge but the fact remains. If you value your safety, you would not walk through these areas at night, when nobody is around etc.

I am not saying fence Dentonia off, I am saying there would be a safety risk if you turned it into a park. I can see people selling drugs or themselves there if given the opportunity.

Back