News   Apr 19, 2024
 239     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 518     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 870     3 

Toronto Municipal Election 2018: Mayor’s Race

Now she wants to tear down the Gardiner. Man she can’t help herself!
Do you have access to news that's not showing anywhere on the web? You imply the Gardiner in its entirety.
A bit of a late reply, but here it is if you still need it.
Excellent. That must have gone up days after the debate, as I couldn't find it. Watching it again now.

She's crazy.. she's insane... she's suggesting something that City Council just barely defeated a few years ago. Did I mention she's crazy?

ReErsXTU_normal.jpg
ennifer Keesmaat@jen_keesmaat
1 hour ago
As your mayor, I will tear down the crumbling eastern portion of the Gardiner Expressway and replace it with a beautiful grand boulevard worthy of its prime waterfront location. It will save taxpayers up to $500 million and unlock valuable waterfront land for development.
That's what I thought. Been an established concept for some time, and makes perfect sense. Of course, to some, the implication is to 'tear down the entirety of the Gardiner'. From memory, it will add only a few minutes to drivers entering the core from the east, and none to those coming down the Parkway.

The Martians have landed!

She's crazy.. she's insane... she's suggesting something that City Council just barely defeated a few years ago. Did I mention she's crazy?

ReErsXTU_normal.jpg
ennifer Keesmaat@jen_keesmaat
1 hour ago
As your mayor, I will tear down the crumbling eastern portion of the Gardiner Expressway and replace it with a beautiful grand boulevard worthy of its prime waterfront location. It will save taxpayers up to $500 million and unlock valuable waterfront land for development.

But you got to admit she's got the political speak down pat - "it will save $500 million" but she never says how much it actually will cost. Furthermore it does nothing for the thousands of cars backed up on Jarvis and surrounding streets (I know because I have watched it every day for years) waiting, waiting, waiting to get on the WESTBOUND Gardiner. I guarantee you that anyone who strolls Jarvis Street between 4 - 6 pm on a weekday will have a captive audience for election speak.
This is the cream filling of the hustings, easily digestible and of no great value, Keesmaat knows this she was in the planning dept, so my question is
Does she really want to be Mayor or is this just a public spectacle, possibly for another position at City Hall when Tory wins and wants to appear magnanimous?
I don't have an answer.
What happened to Toronto as it's own state, thought that was going to be a big deal with her?

P.S Just got results of polling - Probit says Tory has 43%, Keesmaat 21%, Goldy 2%, Other 1% and undecided/no response 33%.

What does this mean? That Faith Goldy uses hate speech just as much as anyone else?
Thus, she uses hate speech as much as you, or the opposition MP's.

What hate has she spewed exactly?? (and keep in mind I dont know much about her, all I know is she's far right-wing)
I have not seen the accusations in their proper context.
The one I am aware of, for her news organization, she covered a rally in Charlotteville last year where the protesters wanted to retain Civil war statues. In the melee with counter protesters, a counter protester was killed. I think that's where she picked up the reputation - because if a reporter reports on something - they must also endorse it.

Last edited:
Ya what the fuck is wrong with people.

Google 'Faith Goody 14 Words'

She is Nazi scum.

Fuck her and anyone who supports her

In terms of Goldy and hate speech, she has recited the 14 words slogan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words
I deleted a post I thought perhaps too blunt, and I just get tired with people who play the "I didn't read anything like that" game. Thanks for both these posts.

What Goldy's supporters completely overlook is that those hosting the debates have the right to ask or deny anyone they like. It's called "freedom of association".

Do the White Nationalists invite Liberals and Progressives to speak at their rallies? Black leaders?

Last edited:
But you got to admit she's got the political speak down pat - "it will save $500 million" but she never says how much it actually will cost.
Gee...with all that's linked, I guess a simple arithmetic lesson is in order. How about...ummm..."$500M" just like she's stated. That's at least "$500M" less than Tory's plan to tear it down and rebuild it.

I leave the simple computation up to you to figure out. Or for you to actually read the links...
Cost to revamp Gardiner Expressway goes up $1B: report

Last edited:
A simple solution is to make the on-ramps on to the Gardiner have a higher flow of traffic. One solution is to have pedestrian traffic cross under those turns and make the ramps have continuous traffic.

Doing so would eliminate the near endless traffic on Jarvis, York, and Spadina.

Back