Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

I also like the idea of little hidden laneways with art tucked away. It's things like that that make a city interesting to explore, and this walkway might end up having enough traffic that vandalism won't be an issue. That said, I don't mind the concept, but I wish the text wasn't so overt.

To go with the art it would be nice to see an interpretive plaque about the Ward here. I suppose closer to the Elizabeth end of the walkway would be most appropriate

Updates to the retail in this building:
  • Bubbletease and the aforementioned nail salon have now opened on the north side of the building.
  • Aroma Espresso Bar recently put up "coming this fall" signage in the space at the southeast corner of the building. They appear to be taking over both the construction office and the original rental office.
  • RBC is coming along but still seems well away from opening.

Updates to the retail in this building:
  • Bubbletease and the aforementioned nail salon have now opened on the north side of the building.
  • Aroma Espresso Bar recently put up "coming this fall" signage in the space at the southeast corner of the building. They appear to be taking over both the construction office and the original rental office.
  • RBC is coming along but still seems well away from opening.

I'm all for Aroma gaining even more of a downtown presence. Their hot chocolate >

Did they do any street trees along Bay or Dundas for this building? Huge missed opportunity if not.

5 December 2013
rfjc.jpg

I really hate the beige'n grey look. Depressing.

Last edited:
The Royal Bank sign should not have been allowed to be installed the way it was. It takes over the entire trim.

All the signage is cheap backlit stuff, not flattering at all to the retail overhang.

Yeah, you guys have nailed it. How could they have let the overhang and signage fail so badly when the rest of the building works so well?

What's happening with the Denny's next door, that was a part of this? Hoarding went up, but it appears to be moving so slowly, if at all.

What's happening with the Denny's next door, that was a part of this? Hoarding went up, but it appears to be moving so slowly, if at all.
I've been wondering about this as well. I walk past here every few days and in the summer I always saw construction workers there but ever since the hoarding went up there is never anyone there. This location has been listed on the Denny's website as opening soon for over a year.

Back