Toronto Monde | 149.95m | 44s | Great Gulf | Moshe Safdie

On another note, I was excited to see Metrolinx new proposals and thought about how we ALL need to suck it up to create better transit systems. Then I listened to a radio show and everyone was so upset with the proposals and $$$ involved.

It's sad isn't it? Sometimes we can be so short sighted. No one should have a problem paying whatever is necessary to help provide the greatest good for the city that we have pride for. Our transit situation will remain downright embarrassing as well as economically disasterous. We seriously have a big problem here with consumer debt and too much focus on our individual cashflow's. Maybe Im a dreamer...hopefully not the only one. ;) (I think you are correct about Tridel/Hines site doing well, and the Cityzen site after that, and yes we should have moved in a line across the waterfront first and then moved inland second.

mo.jpg

Attachments

• mo.jpg
    mo.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 941
It's sad isn't it? Sometimes we can be so short sighted. No one should have a problem paying whatever is necessary to help provide the greatest good for the city that we have pride for. Our transit situation will remain downright embarrassing as well as economically disasterous. We seriously have a big problem here with consumer debt and too much focus on our individual cashflow's. Maybe Im a dreamer...hopefully not the only one. ;) (I think you are correct about Tridel/Hines site doing well, and the Cityzen site after that, and yes we should have moved in a line across the waterfront first and then moved inland second.
I think many people in Toronto don't care about things like transit and the public realm and how our city looks. They only care about their individual cashflow as you said which is why they fight against tax hikes for improved transit. Compare this to Europe where people fight for improved transit and beautiful public realm and are more willing to pay for it. This is why most of Europe at least western Europe has much more improved transportation links and the overall place looks better than here. It's the mentality and culture of the two places.

There are plenty of places in Ontario where you would see (and do see) lots of that pro-urban mindset. It just so happens those places have been amalgamated to areas where the sentiment is not shared.

Regardless of the parks (which are great) ... this area would / is still viewed as up and coming ... they prices they charged (very familiar as well : - ) as its a great design) while reasonable for various other areas in Toronto, were too high for this location. They needed to go a little under the market as opposed to right at it.

Also, the majority of buyers are completely uneducated, the long term potential of this area would not be clear to them. Interesting comparison is the distillery district, but the condo came after the area has started to establish.

This area is of course still missing retail / commercial ... also doesn't have the advantage of being a tourist area (not yet at least).

This is why a predict, the west donland condos will sell a little better. Also parkside, now with the tridel connection may have a better chance but only if the price it low.

Only when more developments are actually finished, including retail will market prices be justified.

Transit while a huge factor to us and potential new commerical projects (there are 2 being marketed on QQ, I'm going out on a limb and guessing there has been 0 interest in either), isn't as much of a factor for everyone else.

Regardless of the parks (which are great) ... this area would / is still viewed as up and coming ... they prices they charged (very familiar as well : - ) as its a great design) while reasonable for various other areas in Toronto, were too high for this location. They needed to go a little under the market as opposed to right at it.

Also, the majority of buyers are completely uneducated, the long term potential of this area would not be clear to them. Interesting comparison is the distillery district, but the condo came after the area has started to establish.

This area is of course still missing retail / commercial ... also doesn't have the advantage of being a tourist area (not yet at least).

This is why a predict, the west donland condos will sell a little better. Also parkside, now with the tridel connection may have a better chance but only if the price it low.

Only when more developments are actually finished, including retail will market prices be justified.

Transit while a huge factor to us and potential new commerical projects (there are 2 being marketed on QQ, I'm going out on a limb and guessing there has been 0 interest in either), isn't as much of a factor for everyone else.

Got a broker invite for this coming week. Should be interesting. Prices advertised to start at $279,900.

Until the City and WT announce $$ and definite dates for first class transit (presumably an LRT) on Queen's Quay East these condos will not be nearly as popular as they should be.

Man this building is a beauty!
Nice to see they made a rendering of the full building with the lake in the back ground. I found it odd that there was no lake shown with the previous renderings.

Wait until all the revisions are done. By the time it's completed, it'll be a boring, cheap, gray box - but very profitable for the developer - which apparently is all theat really matters in this town!

Wait until all the revisions are done. By the time it's completed, it'll be a boring, cheap, gray box - but very profitable for the developer - which apparently is all theat really matters in this town!

The developer has to eat too!

Got a broker invite for this coming week. Should be interesting. Prices advertised to start at $279,900.

So does this mean I have to contact a "vip" agent for information on this re-release and that the already existing and running sales centre wouldn't even sell any of these re-released units yet directly???

Absolutely! agreed! No wonder TO is so behind its counterparts! Sad really Sad Fact!

I think many people in Toronto don't care about things like transit and the public realm and how our city looks. They only care about their individual cashflow as you said which is why they fight against tax hikes for improved transit. Compare this to Europe where people fight for improved transit and beautiful public realm and are more willing to pay for it. This is why most of Europe at least western Europe has much more improved transportation links and the overall place looks better than here. It's the mentality and culture of the two places.

Attended the Boardwalk Suite Exclusive Broker Event. The Podium is now only 9 floors, reduced by 2 floors. Tentative occupancy date pushed to July 2018. Price is pretty good. The lowest VIP price is $267,000 for a 516 sq ft one bedroom unit on the 7th floor.

Back