Toronto Monde | 149.95m | 44s | Great Gulf | Moshe Safdie

Gosh, Quadrangle are listed as partnering with Safdie and Great Gulf. Good Quadrangle and not fauxbrick West Harbour City Bad Quadrangle for the tower, one hopes.

Apparently Redpath processes sugar mainly from Cuba. It is basically viable as long as the US keeps it's embargo. If the US ever starts trading with Cuba, there's no need to ship raw material this far...or so I've heard.

Apparently Redpath processes sugar mainly from Cuba. It is basically viable as long as the US keeps it's embargo. If the US ever starts trading with Cuba, there's no need to ship raw material this far...or so I've heard.

If that is the case, I hope Redpath is preserved in a futuristic East-Side counterpoint to Tip Top Tailors.

I'm increasingly becoming persuaded that condos south of Queens Quay are a big mistake. I'd rather see the street bend south a bit to run closer to the water, preserving roughly the same amount of land for development without effectively privatizing the water's edge.

Great Gulf gives one some confidence in this particular project. Even with the current overall plan, it might turn out alright. The Queens Quay Terminal area isn't too bad.

I have said in the past and will continue to do so, no buildings/condo's within 500-1,000 feet of the water edge.

Buildings should be on the north side of QQ only. The road, transit and path as per plan rebuilt for QQ.

Everyone complains that the Gardiner block the view of the waterfront when in fact, the condo's are doing now.

East Bay will block the waterfront view 100% from QQ except at the park area.

If you're going to ban condos from south of the Quay you might as well ban them from north of it as well - the new breed of towers that have gone up over the past few years a stone's throw north of the Quay are far taller than those pioneering ventures at Harbour Square that created the demand for living down there and having a lake view. That genie's been out of the bottle for over 30 years!

Great Gulf Group of Companies selected to build major waterfront development project

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/November2009/26/c5432.html

Media Advisory - Details to be released about major waterfront development project led by prominent Toronto developer and designed by world-renowned architect

TORONTO, Nov. 26 /CNW/ - Members of the media are invited to an event where details will be released about a major real estate development in Toronto's eastern waterfront, which is before Toronto City Council for approval. Marking the first private sector development in the emerging East Bayfront neighbourhood, the project is being led by prominent Toronto-based developer Great Gulf Group of Companies and designed by a world-renowned architect. The event will provide an overview of the project and its significance for Toronto waterfront revitalization.

WHO: John Campbell, President and CEO, Waterfront Toronto
David Gerofsky, President and COO, Great Gulf Group of Companies
Project Design Team (to be announced)
Councillor Pam McConnell

WHAT: Unveiling of details and design team for major waterfront
development project

WHEN: Monday, November 30, 2009 at 1 p.m.
*Start time may fluctuate slightly depending on Council agenda

WHERE: City Hall Member's Lounge Press Briefing Area

In addition, a special design-focused media briefing with the architect and project design team will be held after the official announcement. This briefing will offer an opportunity to learn more about the project from the architect/design team, the developer and Waterfront Toronto. The design briefing will take place at 2:30 p.m. at Waterfront Toronto, 20 Bay Street, 13th Floor.

Seating for this design briefing is limited, please RSVP to sgileno@waterfrontoronto.ca if you plan to attend.

For further information: Samantha Gileno, Waterfront Toronto, (416) 271-1316 (416) 271-1316 or sgileno@waterfrontoronto.ca

Louroz

Thanks janschot!

They can call it the Ziggurat...though I wish the starcase motif isn't restricted to only the E and W facade - it would look neater for it loop around the building.

AoD

Very interesting design! Unique construction with balconies working up the sides of the building on a diagonal pattern to create their "staircase" effect.

It looks like a design that will ease the downtown core into the waterfront as it is a little easier on the eyes than Corus Quay and how that turned out...

Hopefully this building will look as good as the renderings.

Back