Toronto Monde | 149.95m | 44s | Great Gulf | Moshe Safdie

Does the city have means to raise the property tax, thus force Redpath out?

The city has encouraged them to stay. They want to keep the jobs and economic benefits. There's no way they are leaving because of the city.

I've grown up with them always being there and although they are out of place now, unlike Captain John's, I find there's a charm of having that industrial complex there. I think the buildings/lot just needs a bit more care - new roof paint job, etc.

I never get tired of watching them unload the sugar from the boat.

Taken today....

Monde-1.jpg
Monde-2.jpg
Monde-3.jpg
Monde-4.jpg

Attachments

• Monde-1.jpg
    Monde-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,842
  • Monde-2.jpg
    Monde-2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,810
  • Monde-3.jpg
    Monde-3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,834
  • Monde-4.jpg
    Monde-4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,817
November 12, 2016:

Not much change since my previous posting a week ago, but I happened to notice that the red maples in the vicinity of Monde were red then, and now bright orange, preparing to fall. It dawned on me that the next time those leaves turn orange, Monde will be topped off. How time flies...

And how this entire east waterfront view looking west toward the downtown will change very soon, Razz. Thanks for the great pictures.

Hi @innsertnamehere, Safdie is the design architect, and Quadrangle are the architects of record. Both names appear in the dataBase file, but Quadrangle was positioned first. The software which automatically names the threads for which there is a dataBase file, takes the first architect only for the title. (Same thing if more than one developer is attached to a project.) I have reversed the order of the architect names in the dataBase file because typically we do put the design architect in the first spot, so the thread is now retitled… all of that is to say, "thanks for the note!"

PS: We are keeping titles for threads which do to have a dataBase file yet in the old style, to make it easy for anyone, especially us, to see which threads do not have dataBase files created yet. That gives us a quick visual cue that, if there's time, someone at the office just might want to get that dBase file created!

This project is the one I'm looking forward to the most on the East Bayfront because of the architecture. Daniels Waterfront looks like it might be a glass slab. But I've always wondered why this project was so much slower to enter the construction phase versus Daniels Waterfront. The first post in this thread is from 2009; the first post in the Daniels Waterfront thread is from 2013. Yet here they are at the same level today.

Back