Toronto Monde | 149.95m | 44s | Great Gulf | Moshe Safdie

569AA215-0EB4-4634-9E36-6704FCB5519E.jpeg

Not only that but I would think this development would be a bit too upscale for a Popeyes or a pot shop. I'm surprised, I was expecting something more interesting or unique.
Now that I've had a few of Popeye's new 'Classic' chicken sandwiches, they can open one every corner in the city and that'd be fine by me. (Hey Popeye's, what's my shilling for you worth? Free Chicken sandwiches? Come on! Come on!

They had to keep up with the competition. Church's Fried Chicken opened on Queens Quay (@ Harbour Square) a few months ago. As for pot shops being too downmarket for some neighborhoods, there's a new Tokyo Smoke at 1 Bloor East, right on the mink mile.

Now that I've had a few of Popeye's new 'Classic' chicken sandwiches, they can open one every corner in the city and that'd be fine by me. (Hey Popeye's, what's my shilling for you worth? Free Chicken sandwiches? Come on! Come on!

Odd thing - they opened at the end of my street about a month ago and still aren't on google maps. I would've thought that'd be instantaneous.

They had to keep up with the competition. Church's Fried Chicken opened on Queens Quay (@ Harbour Square) a few months ago. As for pot shops being too downmarket for some neighborhoods, there's a new Tokyo Smoke at 1 Bloor East, right on the mink mile.

And another literally around the corner, at Minto Yorkville.

I hope the west side of the building, facing the park, puts in retail that benefits from the location, like a cafe, restaurant or bar. That area is suitable for patios and outside dining. A medical clinic, nail salon or pot shop does not benefit in any way by facing a public park. It would be a huge, missed opportunity to fill those prime retail spaces with the wrong businesses. You need to think long-term, not just take the first dental clinic that comes along.

Not only that but I would think this development would be a bit too upscale for a Popeyes or a pot shop. I'm surprised, I was expecting something more interesting or unique.

Too upscale? Seriously... who says that? It's 2021 bruh. Get off your high horse.

Too upscale? Seriously... who says that? It's 2021 bruh. Get off your high horse.
I agree with Torontovibe. Why not a nice cafe, restaurant or bar on the park? Nothing against chain restaurants such as Popeyes but the builder Great Gulf originally said no chain stores. I think Monde is such an interesting building bordering on a lovely park that it would attract distinctive retail in this fabulous, up and coming neighborhood. Nothing ‘high horse’ about it, just being creative!

Back